close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 17

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by txchallenger, Feb 3, 2010.

Tags:
  1. txchallenger

txchallenger

Greetings people !! New member and first post here.....
    I have a question on a Glock 17 that I inherited about a year ago due to the untimley passing of my BIL. The serial # is BAC which I found on the date thread to be a 2nd gen.
    I am a gun enthusiast and own around 25 firearms, this however is the first Glock for me.
    I'm not a really big fan of the 9mm caliber and have a chance to trade this gun for a 3rd generation Glock 23 40 caliber which is more appealing to me personally.
    Upon sending pictures to the fellow who wants to trade he ask if the barrel had been changed because it is chrome and not black, I told him I did not know but all serial #s match,frame,slide and barrel.
    My question is were there any made with a chrome barrel or was this one polished after the fact. I would think it to be the original since the #s match. Any thoughts ??

Thanks
    W.G.

2. nick425

nick425

Yeah its factory barrel that the previous owner polished.

3. Kentucky Shooter

Kentucky Shooter NRA Life Member

Welcome to Glock Talk! My only thoughts, but strictly everyone to their own opinion, I never trade a gun that was inherited. Other guns that I have bought myself, I have traded/sold them like a kid dealing baseball cards. But the ones I have come by that were handed down from family mean a lot more and I would never part with any of them. If you get into Glocks, you will find the 17 is the original and one of the most popular. If you fall in love with Glocks like many of us have, you may wish for a 17 later anyway. But I am not being critical of your plans, just offering food for thought before its too late. After a trade, they are usually gone forever, and I know from my own experience there are many guns I wish I had back. Again, welcome and best wishes in whatever you decide!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  4. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Sorry about your brother in law. How is your spouse or sibling handling this?

'Drew

5. txchallenger

txchallenger

Thanks for the info nick425 ,thats kinda what i thought

Kentucky Shooter.... maybe I should not have said inherited as I actually purchased it along with the rest of his collection for fair market value (yes I did get a heck of a deal) So the 17 does not really have alot of sentimental value to me as my BIL and i were not all that close..(wives sister husband) so it's not like it has been handed down through the family. He did alot of trading of his guns and this happened to be one that he owned at the time.