Glock 17 vs Glock 45 results..

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by bitcoin, Jun 9, 2020.

1. IllinoisGun

IllinoisGun

The Glock 45 9mm is the King of GLOCK. Period.

2. ak103k

ak103k

RetropM and dbuck47 like this.

3. bitcoin

bitcoin

I laughed at it for 3 years then finally tried it. I've never shot at a paper target range since then. It is more expensive, but you get your own huge lane + far less people in there due to the price presumably. No rifle calibers allowed. Win/win for me. Lots of shenanigans going on at the paper side in my experience. Plus you actually get to do timed drills and gain some legitimate data to compare speeds. I am going to buy a 9mm PCC just to have fun. About to sink $2500 into a tricked out scorpion. Still undecided on which to go with.

-JCN-, dbuck47 and ak103k like this.
  4. Bradd D

Bradd D

anim_lol.gif

I knew the butthurt would flow eventually.

OdinIII and ak103k like this.
  5. IllinoisGun

IllinoisGun

17 rounds at a time.......

dbuck47 likes this.
  6. bigj480

bigj480 CLM

:noevil:

7. GunsNweights87

GunsNweights87

Run a +2 mag extension on the 17 it will balance it out even more or a +6 for best feel

Sent from my iPhone using Glock Talk

8. Nanuk

Nanuk

It really does not when you are talking 1/2". If 1/2" sight radius makes a difference its you, not the gun. Where it makes a difference is with a rifle. When you put on an optic SR is totally moot.

Chris8111 and GotWhatINeed like this.
  9. ak103k

ak103k

The whole thing with most of them is actually pretty silly. I think most people dont have a clue. They see something they like and thats the best, and they probably couldnt tell you why, if you pressed them. Just because. End of story.

Nothing wrong with liking what you like, we all have our likes and dislikes, but if you have no other experience with other things, it does tend to be limiting, and you really do only know what you know. And in reality, if that one gun is all you have, you dont know much.

I always used to prefer the Colt Commanders over the GM's. The difference there, ~3/4" . Like the 45, the difference is meaningless. But you couldnt tell me that. There was a BIG difference. :rolleyes:

I still have GM's and Commanders, and I shoot and like them both, and Im over the Commander being "the bestest" thing. :)

I have 17's and a 45, some 19's and 26's. I carry a 17 on a daily basis, and sometimes a 26 with it. I shoot the 17's and 26's the most because I carry them.

Personally, if you only own two Glocks (and everyone should have at least 4, 2 you use and a spare of each) to me, those would be the 17 and 26, or if you dont like 9mm, the 22/27, etc.

Contrary to what youre constantly told, its not at all hard to carry a 17, even in the summer in just a tee shirt. The 17's really arent "big" either. Most of the "big" guns really arent.

Then again, if we use the correct terminology, there might be a valid point in size difference comparing your weapon to your gun. Then they probably are big. The weapon that is. :p

The 19's are kind of a pointless gun, (to me anyway) as they arent that much smaller than a 17, and yet they still too big to go where the 26's can easily go, if, you need to go deeper. And while I have a couple of them, I just never got the point of them.

The 26's are actually a really amazing gun. They are small enough to easily hide in the most minimal of attire, yet handle and shoot very much like a full sized gun. And with a simple mag swap, can have the same capacity. That short little slide does reduce the sight radius, but its really not a detriment, if you can shoot. There is no doubt it is easier to shoot with the 17's, but the difference in hits on target between it and the 26 are pretty trivial. Both will easily get the job done.

But, to get back on point here, the difference between the 17 and 45, is meaningless, and all in your head if you insist there is one.

I would bet if you ran that test over and over, the results would flip flop time and again as you went down the line.

The "misses" generally are not the fault of the gun, no matter what it is. ;)

Chris8111, Nanuk and Gfive45 like this.
  10. OdinIII

OdinIII

I wanted to add an experience of mine to reinforce your flip flop comment.

Many years ago (early 2000’s?), I bought a brand new 34 and 35 on the same day. I went to the range and one of them hit consistently to the left. Me being the experienced shooter that I was knew that it couldn’t possibly be me. I decided something was wrong with the gun and went home. I looked over the slide and sights and couldn’t find anything wrong. Before calling Glock to complain how they had sold me a crap gun I thought I’d go try to test again. I loaded them up and tried to mix them up so I wouldn’t know which one I was holding to try to eliminate any influence from me. It still shot left while the other one was centered. I then packed up and headed home planning to call Glock that Monday. I got home and was looking at the targets and noticed that the bullet holes on the gun shooting left was a different size from the first session. I was shocked a different gun had shot left for me on the two trips to the range. Evidently I was gripping the frames differently some how.

I learned a lot that day. If something is going wrong then it’s probably something to do with the fallible human involved. That’s the first place to look.

ak103k likes this.
  11. 9x45

9x45 Millennium Member

So why don't you actually shoot competition? Virtual doesn't mean anything. No drawing from the holster, no recoil to manage, no movement, not timed and scored against all other shooters. Might as well just play video games.

Competition is a test, the only test that measures speed and accuracy. Course you will have to stand up in front of 20 or so other real shooters and show them what that virtual training did for you....

GotWhatINeed likes this.
  12. 9x45

9x45 Millennium Member

This is real, real recoil, real noise, real movement, real transisitions, real speed, real accuracy. Their is no virtual about it.

USPSA Open Major 9x19 STI. A 125 gr bullet going well over 1,350 fps.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrL336WXmxM

HEXE9 and GotWhatINeed like this.
  13. ak103k

ak103k

You didnt check out his link, did you? ;)

bitcoin and -JCN- like this.
  14. OdinIII

OdinIII

ak103k - I definitely need to see if there are any of those ranges near to me.

I especially like the accuracy tracking aspect. It is so easy to lie to yourself while looking at your targets. I wonder how much of a physical zero difference existed between your pistols? It seems that would make a big difference in that type of shooting but could easily go unnoticed on paper where you can say “good group, just a little low.”

I almost got into a fight one time with a buddy at the range. He said his .45 groups where smaller than my 9mm. I said no way, look at the target! He said “I am looking”. He had one ragged hole and you could see most of my individual holes. He shut up when we measured and my group was a little smaller. It just goes to show that we can look at the same thing and interpret it drastically different. A machine (or virtual range) does not do it that way.

15. 9mmskng

9mmskng

19X for the WIN!

16. Bradd D

Bradd D

Not according to the Army, apparently.

17. Spartan24

Spartan24

Savage...

Chris8111 likes this.
  18. HEXE9

HEXE9 Supports Our Flag

Virtual shooting range??

Why not just point your finger and say bang...it’d be just as useful a test.

19. ak103k

ak103k

This is why things are often so confusing. People dont even bother to look at what's being discussed before they speak, and think they have it all figured out.

bitcoin likes this.
  20. bac1023

bac1023

Some people say the same thing about bore axis. Can’t cheat physics

TheDreadnought and OdinIII like this.