Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is the 19 so much more popular than the 17 ? All I see is thread after thread about the 19 this and the 19 that, and all the "my new 19 pic's".
Rarely, if ever is the 17 mentioned.The 19 seems to be the most popular Glock going.Kinda makes me want one.Are they really that much better than a 17 ?

·
Registered
896 Posts
Why is the 19 so much more popular than the 17 ? All I see is thread after thread about the 19 this and the 19 that, and all the "my new 19 pic's".
Rarely, if ever is the 17 mentioned.The 19 seems to be the most popular Glock going.Kinda makes me want one.Are they really that much better than a 17 ?
The size is the biggest factor IMO.

·
Registered
729 Posts
They are smaller, so most people see them as more versatile.

15 rounds in a package small enough to conceal and big enough to fight with. I'd say the perfect package.

·
Registered
155 Posts
The perfect middle ground of size, barrel length, concealability, accuracy, speed, and reliability... to repeat the Glock slogan... Perfection.

·
Registered
629 Posts
The 19 is a wee bit more versatile IMO. Its size hits that sweet spot between conceal-ability and handling/accuracy for most people. I learned to shoot on a G17, and later got my own G19 and G26. The G19 is my range gun, but I can use either one for carry. The G17 doesn't conceal very well on my frame :whistling:

·
Retired Member
9,202 Posts
The G19 is like the Mazda Miata of Glocks! Drive one and you'll want one! :thumbsup:

Judy's G19 will do everything my G17 will do--even the 33-round magazine--but in a handier size! :wow:

Shown here, hers has...

- Trijicon Sights
- LaserMax
- SureFire X200B
- G18 OEM Magazine

Everybody Needs A G19! :supergrin:

--Ray

·
Registered
16,889 Posts
If you are going to own only 1 Glock the G19 or G23 are the best choices.

They are small enough to conceal easily, big enough for the range.

·
Registered
20,760 Posts
The G19 is like the Mazda Miata of Glocks! Drive one and you'll want one! :thumbsup:

Judy's G19 will do everything my G17 will do--even the 33-round magazine--but in a handier size! :wow:

Shown here, hers has...

- Trijicon Sights
- LaserMax
- SureFire X200B
- G18 OEM Magazine

Everybody Needs A G19! :supergrin:

--Ray

PERFECT set up:thumbsup::wavey:

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
As everyones said the 19 is the perfect all around gun. Big enough to be a great range gun. Small enough to conceal. I believe this model is the one Gaston was talking about when he came up the perfection slogan.

Not sure if I'll ever need a 17 or a 26. Maybe a 2nd gen 19 though..

·
Registered
91 Posts
Perfection \Per*fec"tion\, n. [F. perfection, L. perfectio.]

1. The quality or state of being perfect or complete, so that nothing requisite is wanting; entire development; consummate culture, skill, or moral excellence; the highest attainable state or degree of excellence; maturity; as, perfection in an art, in a science, or in a system; perfection in form or degree; fruits in perfection.

2. A quality, endowment, or acquirement completely excellent; an ideal faultlessness; especially, the divine attribute of complete excellence.

·
Atomic Dawg
1,027 Posts
As everyones said the 19 is the perfect all around gun. Big enough to be a great range gun. Small enough to conceal. I believe this model is the one Gaston was talking about when he came up the perfection slogan.
Truth!!!!

·
Registered
647 Posts
I love my G19. I find myself wanting a 17 as well. I have a G26 also, that makes me think I have to get a 17. Odd logic but I think that is why we are all here. Isn't it?

·
Mutant
586 Posts
It sure is nice to have both, but if I had to pick, the G19 is obvious because of the versitality.
G17 for Home defense, G26 for carry... The G19 is the happy medium.
Of course, Lots of people find that it simply fits their hand better.

·
Dumb Ape
2,031 Posts
I do not own a 19. But I could sure see why someone would like it.

I like my 17 better. I think

I think I will add a 26 to the collection soon.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts