Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While doing my usual browsing on ebay I ran across an issue of Gun World magazine from September 1986 with a Gen 1 G17 on the cover. Looking closer at the serial number revealed serial number AF000 the first of the first 1000 imported in the US. I did purchase this magazine but thought I'd share a pic of the cover of the magazine.
Screenshot_20210530-224137_eBay.jpg

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Is there an article on it inside? So did they actually test this exact handgun? Great find.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
That bad boy would hit the 10K mark no problem.
‘I would easily pay that for it....Open offer if one of you hoarders here have it. I’ll take just the gun is fine.
Sweet image...

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
I’m going to save it for my t-shirt inspiration.... Yes, I’m still doing that.

·
Registered
481 Posts
As you know there is a member here that has an AF with two zeros and only 19 away from the very first one. He’s a great guy for sure! That’s the earliest one I know of personally. That really is a great score TNT. Makes you wonder just where that gun is doesn’t it?

Can you even imagine if it were to re-surface someday after the recipient/owner decided they didn’t want an old plastic gun and after asking a few friends what the best way to sell a gun is and then told to list it on a GB online auction to get the most money for it.

The description would go something like this:

Extremely Rare, one-of-a-kind, highly sought after by collectors,
Gen 1 Glock 17
“THE HOLY GRAIL”
The VERY first Glock pistol to enter the US market in Jan 1986
SN: AF000US

I think I included all the usual buzz words. The only difference here is in this case it would be as close as one can get to being almost true. As we know, the only true “ Holy Grail” is a genuine G1 19. I can say with a high degree of confidence that you can forget about getting one of those as it appears they are in very tight hands of serious collectors at the moment.

I would relish even the opportunity to be in on the all-out bidding war for that one and watch to see where it would go. There is no telling where it might end up. As you can probably tell, this really got me wound up with excitement and now I’ll be daydreaming for the rest of the day. Thanks again for sharing TNT and getting me all worked up😳

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
I found it at Wolfgangs. $21 with 20% off for today. MEM20 is the discount code

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As you know there is a member here that has an AF with two zeros and only 19 away from the very first one. He’s a great guy for sure! That’s the earliest one I know of personally. That really is a great score TNT. Makes you wonder just where that gun is doesn’t it?

Can you even imagine if it were to re-surface someday after the recipient/owner decided they didn’t want an old plastic gun and after asking a few friends what the best way to sell a gun is and then told to list it on a GB online auction to get the most money for it.

The description would go something like this:

Extremely Rare, one-of-a-kind, highly sought after by collectors,
Gen 1 Glock 17
“THE HOLY GRAIL”
The VERY first Glock pistol to enter the US market in Jan 1986
SN: AF000US

I think I included all the usual buzz words. The only difference here is in this case it would be as close as one can get to being almost true. As we know, the only true “ Holy Grail” is a genuine G1 19. I can say with a high degree of confidence that you can forget about getting one of those as it appears they are in very tight hands of serious collectors at the moment.

I would relish even the opportunity to be in on the all-out bidding war for that one and watch to see where it would go. There is no telling where it might end up. As you can probably tell, this really got me wound up with excitement and now I’ll be daydreaming for the rest of the day. Thanks again for sharing TNT and getting me all worked up😳
I'm optimistic that it'll turn up someday and will be the barnfind of the century in the polymer world. I just pray that it's complete and hasn't been molested by a soldering iron or had slidework done.

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
Man, is that AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!

10K would be the starting bid. The very first Glock imported or commercial sale into the US. Holy cow!!! I think that an auction would finish between 20-30K. It looks new on the cover. I bought a copy from Wolfgangs as well. Looking forward to it. I try to buy all of the mags that I can find introducing the Glock - both US and foreign.

I've seen AFs in other period mags but not 000. I'm guessing that Glock owned the gun and sent it around for testing. I'd guess that an early Glock employee got it. However, I've never seen a record of it with any of the early employees who got the good stuff. What a prize it would be. How cool!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just received notification with a tracking number. It will be shipped usps first class and is scheduled to arrive June 8th. But it is usps so who knows. I'll check my printer to see if it's a scanner too. If it is I'll scan the images and upload them here. If not I'll do my best to take pics of each page and upload those.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
I have a scanner I used to transfer film negatives. If you can’t get good copies I will certainly make an effort.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Good news my printer does scan. Now I have to play the waiting game on my magazine to arrive.

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
Just got my order cancellation from Wolfgangs. Did anyone else get that? Guessing they only had one copy? Ugh.

I has actually found it before it was mentioned here but was clearly too late.

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
While doing my usual browsing on ebay I ran across an issue of Gun World magazine from September 1986 with a Gen 1 G17 on the cover. Looking closer at the serial number revealed serial number AF000 the first of the first 1000 imported in the US. I did purchase this magazine but thought I'd share a pic of the cover of the magazine.
View attachment 939817
Where did u find your issue?

1 - 20 of 89 Posts