Glock 17 registered as an SBR

Discussion in 'GATE NFA/Class III' started by glockenturm, Aug 3, 2017.

1. glockenturm

glockenturm

Let's assume that I registered a Glock 17 on a Form 1 as an SBR for use in a CAA Micro Roni.

My question is, What may I do with the Glock 17 when it is not installed in the chassis?
    Basically, is it considered an NFA item when not installed?
    May I carry it concealed? I'm a Texas resident and am licensed.
    May I carry the pistol alone across state lines?

Along the same lines, Is a registered AR lower under NFA restrictions if a rifle length upper is attached?

2. handloader109

handloader109

The glock is the NFA item not the roni. So I think that you might have issue with it being concealed... it is (or should be )marked with you or trust as mfg with your city,state. So it will look odd if someone were to examine. And I wouldn't want to use it in self defense and the police find out it is NFA item

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

3. SilentRecon

SilentRecon

Hello,

I have a Form 1 Glock 17. The Glock lower reciever is what is registered. Like any registered lower, you can still put any length upper on it after the fact. When its "uninstalled" from the host like a Roni, it's still a SBR. Like all Registered SBRs, it will carry the same stipulations. No C&C and you must notify BATF when bringing it across state lines you reside. You must complete FORM 20 5320.20.

Hope that helps

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

4. glockenturm

glockenturm

NFA... No Fun Allowed....

5. SilentRecon

SilentRecon

Pretty much lol. All the current hosts for SBR'd Glocks out right now are kind of Mickey Mouse besides B&T USW.. its only for Glock 17 and is $350. It's far superior to anything else currently on the market and accepts Gen 3+ Glocks. You could always use the FLUX "brace" but requires Gen 4+ Glocks only and no VFG can be used. I want a VFG with a stock as why I decided to SBR it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk