Glock Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Polymer80 Gen 1 G17. I am having a problem with when it shoots the first shot the slide won't go all the way back forward, sometimes it won't even eject the spent casing. If I give the slide a gentle tap the slide will go back forward. No matter if the casing is ejected or not, the mag gets shoved out of the bottom. (I'm 100% certain it's not my thumb hitting the mag release)
I have tried replacing the mag, after noticing some marks around the mag catch notches on the magazine. Made no difference. (Obviously looking back it was the force of the mag being shoved out that caused the markings)
I would like to try and just fix whatever part may be causing this problem, but I am debating buying a newer gen frame (either P80 or just normal Glock) if it's a larger problem. From what I've read, I believe I can swap the internals up to a Gen 3 and they'll still work. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Any info or recommendations would be awesome!

·
Pretty Ladies!
4,983 Posts
Go here and see if you can find anything on your problem.

You can also check out his YouTube channel. Do a search for Marine Gun Builder.

Are you saying you have one of the first - gen Polymer80 frames? As opposed to the PF940v2?

Reactions: R.B. Riddick

·
MacGyver
9,965 Posts
Go here and see if you can find anything on your problem.

You can also check out his YouTube channel. Do a search for Marine Gun Builder.

He takes all the joy out of self discovering the DIY fun of figuring it out the mechanicals on ones own.
Follow the exact directions, tips and hacks, pitfalls avoided, and voila-- a perfect nonGlock Glock. Becomes a "can you follow video directions" project.
Like painting by numbers. Or showing you how to put together a jigsaw puzzle. Premade frozen lasagna- just buy, heat and serve.

Might as well buy a real Glock.

·
Registered
11,334 Posts
Me thinks this is another Bubba'd up "thing" destined for the dumpster of failed experiments.

Sounds like some holes weren't drilled correctly and fire controls are sitting jacked up.

Instead of buying another frame to turn into a second atrocity, consider investing in the real deal.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Can you post pics of the frame from various angles?

Might be some areas that need more filing/sanding that aren't immediately obvious. I've had some where the recoil spring can hang up ever-so-slightly and cause cycling issues.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
If you're going to build you must do the research and bookmark some of the building/troubleshooting sites.
For starters, go to one of the latter and look for the most common building mistakes. Your's is there

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
1) Never heard of this one
Polymer80 Gen 1 G17 ?
Polymer 80 is based on Gen 3

2) Check that your RSA channel is clear and that the RSA is not rubbing

3) Check that your slide takedown lever spring is below the floor of the RSA channel

4) Paint grease into the slide grooves and rack the slide.....repeatedly.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Like building a small block V8. Take time and trouble shoot each part and operation individually. My issue was just polishing the rails. Goes bang every time now. But I’m a DIYer and enjoy solving problems. Anyone can just buy a Glock . Enjoy the process

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.