close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

glock 17 kb?

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by pipo, Feb 26, 2006.

Tags:
  1. pipo

pipo

sirs, another newbie poster here (1st post he he). I've been lurking here since december. Truly a great place for pinoy firearms enthusiasts! Been thinking of buying myself a Glock 17. As I visited various forums I always find reference to Glock KBs although mostly in 40 or 45 cal variants. Reasons would vary from bad reloads (lead mostly) and poorly supported chambers. They'd sometimes go kb even on "factory ammo"!
    questions:
    1. do you experience these kbs among pinoy glockers?
    2. Does this also happen to the G17 or G19?
    3. I also did a search on this forum about feeding reloads. Almost all of you do advise the use of reloads. Teflon and FMJ. How many times do you guys recommend reloading a spent shell for use on a glock 17. One of you said for guns with fully supported chambers, until the shell cracks! probably, bad idea for glocks?

I plan to shoot production when I get the unit. Other units being considered now are taurus pt92 and 24/7. tnx

pipo

2. bikethief

bikethief itchy trigger

Go for the Glock! The Taurus 24/7 is a great gun but it's hard to find parts and accessories for it.

As far as the KB issue, chances of you having one is minute as long as you go to a reliable reloader AND use jacketed heads. As far as i know, KB's on a 9mm are pretty rare because a double load during the reloading process (twice nalagyan ng powder) means filling up the shell quite considerably. In, other words, madaling mapansin and mahuli.

Shells? Shoot them until they crack or show abnormal signs of wear. Just make sure you pick up your shells and that the reloader does not swap them out or put them in a communal container. Brass shot from other gun brands may not feed properly sa glock mo because they have different expansion tolerances and characteristics. Taray ng Glock 'no?;f

Teflon? Make sure you get real teflon heads. There are a few teflon heads going around which are only painted or dipped in duracoat. Madaling matanggal coating na'to and will foul up your barrel after as few as 50 rounds. I'm speaking from experience kasi I tried all reloading options before deciding that FMJ is still the way to go. Truweight has good teflon heads though if you want to go the teflon route. The teflon is cast and very thick. The fake ones you can scratch the coating off with a coin or sharp fingernail. The cast ones you can't.

Lastly, welcome to the board! Daming ok na tao dito. I've been here for a relatively short time palang but the knowledge shared is for a lifetime na! Pwede bang lumuha?....;c

Down with the "State of Emergency!":soap:

3. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

hi pipo. I don't have any answers to your questions, but welcome to the forum anyway ;F

4. casmot

casmot Re membered

Welcome to BoGs

Just don't have it homogenize ;f Ask Sir homogenizer, he had two KBs already.

5. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

casmot, weren't homogenizer's handywork breachface failures and not KBs?

6. isuzu

isuzu

Haven't heard of KBs in Glock 17s. I had a Glock 17 and it was a nice pistol.

Get a Glock 17. There was a gun writer who once said that "pistols tend to work reliably with the caliber they were originally designed."

7. casmot

casmot Re membered

Oh yes. I got confused. Tuwing may masisira si homo kasi na iisip ko eh. ;f

8. vega

vega

Welcome to the forum.;c
    bikethief already answered your questions.
    For G17/19, wala pa aking nabalitaan.
    G22 may nakita na ako sa Malabon long time ago.
    1911 in 45 sa Malabon din.

vega

9. theTactician

theTactician

10. RATRAT

RATRAT

Tama silang lahat!

Buy the Glock..for me unang factor dyan maintenace..sa functionality ng Glock bihira or next to wala me mag breakdown sa parts , ..sights,trigger springs(new york etc!!) and connectors lang ang upgrade na common ginagawa...if not konting buffing lang gumaganda na trigger play..and you rarely need a gunsmith for your glock....yun nga lang suplado barrel ng Glock you have to use fmj or teflon..... Its a reliable gun for the range and for carry&home defense ...and ito lang ang gun na pwede mo ma feel and maramdaman how to "Rock and Roll' para kang cast ng "UNDERWORLD" Part 1 and Part 2!! HEHEHEHHE;I ^~

Welcome pipo!! ;f

11. pipo

pipo

wow that was fast! thanks for the welcome and the swift replies! im listening..... (more like reading he he) im due to make the order this saturday. hopefully this political problem would have been gone by then...

12. pipo

pipo

im now down to glock 17 and pt 92. the latter being more forgiving daw sa reloads ( you can load it with lead, teflon and what have you)plus all the safeties one can ask for. I just dont know if it can stand up to the demands of competition shooting.:)

13. theTactician

theTactician

go for the glock...its a gun you keep for life

14. bikethief

bikethief itchy trigger

Reloads are not that big an issue if you're choosing bet. Taurus and Glock. The diff. between lead and teflon is only 1 peso. If 1 peso more per practice shot means I can have an ultra reliable gun at my hip and going boom when I need it then it's money well spent. Plus you can fix a glock all by yourself if any part breaks (unlikely though). And accessories are everywhere.

Glock is a keeper IMHO. Taurus is no pushover but why buy it if there's a better choice right in front of you? IMHO lang 'to ha! One more post like this and sisingil na ako ng kumisyon kay papa Gaston!;f

edit:
    Check out the buy and sell thread bro! My friend is selling a first gen HS2000. Super good deal! Check out reviews on the net.

15. infinitecolt

infinitecolt

All guns can go kaboom. The key here is how to take care of your gun. Regular cleaning after a trip to the range is a plus. Glocks are very reliable and easy to maintain. Aftermarket parts are abundant. Glock is a good choice.

16. theTactician

theTactician

thats right..amen to that

17. Allegra

Allegra

+1 ano ba ibig sagihin nun?

I agree with the fellows here, glock is a good pistol
    Then when your good na , then it's time to get a 1911 :)

18. pipo

pipo

tnx very much for your replies guys! Ordered a glock 17 na this morning. great forum! even greater posters.:)

19. jasonub

jasonub

dont forget to buy a lot of snapcaps so your breechface wont crack when you drifire a glock.

me 1911 the best:)

20. pipo

pipo

tnx. my other unit is a 1911 -- love the piece! Just looking for another reliable and durable back up unit for those times when my 1911 spends sometime with the gunsmith for another upgrade he he he.;)