close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

glock 17 help

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by cozac, Jul 10, 2004.

Tags:
  1. cozac

cozac

well i just had my glock 17 out at the range and i am having a prob with it, a few times now when i have tryed to "slingshot" the slide it would not go forward and i have had to uses the slide releases to load a new round. thanks for any help.

2. eliteprecision

eliteprecision

Is it staying all the way back, or is it going partially forward and hitting something that stops it? Do you have the OEM or extended slide stop lever? Does it so it all the time, or only occasionally? Ever lock back on you when firing?

I have seen guys that inadvertently press up on the slide stop, especially on the extended version, with their shooting thumb (assuming you are right handed)which caused the slide to lock back. You may just need to adjust your grip. And, if you have the extended slide stop, you may want to put the original back in.

Let me know if this helps.

3. CCV

CCV Millennium Member

Have you (or someone) else recently disassembled the frame or installed another slide stop?

4. cozac

cozac

it is the OEM slide stop and it does not do it all the time just every 4 mag or so, the slide stays all the way back. thanks

5. eliteprecision

eliteprecision

If, when it does this, it releases fine when you press doen on the slide stop, I would say that you are probably accidentally hitting it with your shooting hand and causing it to catch the slide. The only other thing that causes the slide stop to move up and catch the slide is an empty magazine, or a defective magazine. If you are sure of your grip, check your magazines.

To check your slide stop: If you remove your slide and hold your receiver normally, the slide stop should remain in the down position. Gently pull it up and the spring should pull it back down, quickly. If this is working properly, one of the above listed reasons are probably the culprit. If the slide stop remains up, it was probably disassembled and ut back together wrong.

6. eliteprecision

eliteprecision

cozac,

Did you get it figured out?

7. cozac

cozac

ya i found the prob i am not to sure what it was but i took the gun apart and put it back to gether and now it works fine.

thanks for your help