Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a g17 gen5 and a sig p320x vtac 9mm. My glock came with ameriglo night sights. The only mod I put in was a double diamond 3.5lb connector.

While the sig looked cooler, I found that the g17 has a smaller profile, is more accurate for me, and is several hundred dollars cheaper. You can put a rmr on the sig, but I prefer irons for concealed carry.

For me, the g17 is more comfortable and easier to conceal carry. Just feels more practical.

I have talked to so many people that say they will never try a glock because they are ugly... I strongly disagree! I think this glock is downright sexy
Wood Tool Font Metal Auto part

·
Registered
842 Posts
Ok! Good for you. I like and have both of those as well. Shoot the Sig better with less effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
52 Posts
I do have a G19 Gen 5 and a Sig AXG Scorpion, I love the trigger on the Sig and it's a great shooter, but I can't carry that thing all day long, bulky, chunky and terrible tiny sights..
My 19 is 100% stock and reliable and rides with me under the shirt on a Bravo Concealment Torsion holster with Trijicon HD sights, so I guess each on their own...

·
MacGyver
8,263 Posts
Some things are ugly, but we chase after it ....chickens are what I meant.

Function and purpose over fashion and cosmetics.

Reactions: Ferrebee88

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I have both of those exact same pistols and I can shoot circles around the Glock with the P320. I’m the biggest Glock fanboy and I’d say I almost prefer the P320 at this point (as a shooter). As a SHTF end of the world gun I still prefer the simplicity and ease of maintaining and parts availability of the Glock.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I bought a g17 gen5 and a sig p320x vtac 9mm. My glock came with ameriglo night sights. The only mod I put in was a double diamond 3.5lb connector.

While the sig looked cooler, I found that the g17 has a smaller profile, is more accurate for me, and is several hundred dollars cheaper. You can put a rmr on the sig, but I prefer irons for concealed carry.

For me, the g17 is more comfortable and easier to conceal carry. Just feels more practical.

I have talked to so many people that say they will never try a glock because they are ugly... I strongly disagree! I think this glock is downright sexy
View attachment 1004159
That is a gorgeous set-up. I have two Sigs (P220 and 229), but prefer my G19.

·
Registered
8 Posts

View attachment 1004159
I couldn’t agree more, I have a Glock 20 and is my primary carry with irons and absolutely love it. Sometimes I’ll stare at it examine it’s sexy perfection. I also have a wig Xfive legion with a Romeo on pro on it but I just can’t bring myself to carry it. Don’t get me wrong the weight doesn’t bother me but there is just something about that damn Glock I just can’t get over.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If this were G43 vs Sig P365x it would be a whole different story... I have the 365xl and love it. I can shoot it way better than the G43

View attachment 1004159
You have a P365 XL (and possibly a G43 as well) in addition to your Gen5 G17 yet, you choose to primarily concealed carry the G17? If so, I commend your commitment to carrying the bigger and exceptionally capable G17.

·
Registered
Glock 45/19X
9,583 Posts
I have talked to so many people that say they will never try a glock because they are ugly...
Just means they aren’t serious shooters. Not because they won’t try Glock, but because they are putting looks as a primary factor.

Function and purpose over fashion and cosmetics.
Bingo.

·
MacGyver
8,263 Posts
With a handgun (unlike a rifle with long distance measurements, and many more accuracy variables), if I ever think that one shoots better than another at short ranges, that is an indicator of some deficiency in my fundamentals.

Same example of this: At one school I attended, the instructor (a Master) lined up a variety of students guns (various models- strikers, DA/SA, SA, 1911's, revolvers), and shot the same tight grouping with each gun rapid fire.
Jerry Mikulec does kind of the same thing in his youtube vids -- shoots them stock for time, and still very quick and accurate.--- without complaining about the triggers.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I'm jaded...Sig makes an excellent weapon but for me if it's polymer, it is Glock time. Now P series are sexy as hell and I love em. Glock is ugly, but after 21 years carrying one as LE I find em puuurty now. Adjusting to the Gen5 front serrations.

In general, they should all shoot rather close accuracy-wise. Overall I'd choose a G17 in G3, G4, G5 over a Sig P320 but that is a personal decision.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I'm jaded...Sig makes an excellent weapon but for me if it's polymer, it is Glock time. Now P series are sexy as hell and I love em. Glock is ugly, but after 21 years carrying one as LE I find em puuurty now. Adjusting to the Gen5 front serrations.

In general, they should all shoot rather close accuracy-wise. Overall I'd choose a G17 in G3, G4, G5 over a Sig P320 but that is a personal decision.
Might the AXG P320 change your mind? All metal- feels like my old 226.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
413 Posts
Excellent try Scott! And I do appreciate it. Excellent weapon but I do not like the cut outs. I have S&@ 1911 with the cut outs and I have remorse. Never even fired it. I like understated elegance. My retirement present to me was an Alchemy 1911 Prime Elite blued. Almost the same as the pic...but I'm a lefty so I needed ambi safety.

https://alchemy1911.com/product/the-prime-elite/

1 - 20 of 22 Posts