Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Kool-Aid
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, finally got my G5 17 in today (thanks again Area 4!). Got it with the AG Bold sights. Thought that meant a .125 front but it has the .140. I'm going to try it but may reach out to Glock and see if they'll swap it out or authorize a swap.

The grip wraps have gone on and are setting. The replacement 4# striker spring, SS guide rod, cap and 13# flat spring are ordered, matching what I use on my 17 MOS for Carry Optics.

I really like the updated trigger/safety plunger design - significantly removes the 'wall' of previous generations. Enough so that not having an upgraded trigger return spring is no big deal (and the plunger might not be a big deal either - looking for advice there). I also like the feel of a lightly polished dot connector, so I'm not planning on swapping out the connector. Getting the striker spring changed should be the most significant change.

The questions that remain:
  • Is there any significant difference with a lightweight plunger spring with the new plunger design?
  • Are there any trigger spring changes like the old heavier trigger return spring for the Gen 5's using the OEM trigger (I know the mechanism is different and the older 'swap out the trigger spring won't work)?
  • Given the updated trigger feel, is the connector really a big change here? I don't want to trade any "lighter" for "mushier" and I've had bad experiences with anything other than OEM connectors, preferring the dot to the minus.
Thoughts from those that are competing with this pistol?

Sure, much of it comes down to personal preference but I'm open to advice from people that have been doing this for a few months now.

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
Hardly any Hosers in this forum, try posting over at Benos under Factory pistols:Glock. You are from Benos to start with....

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
And GlockTalk, but only a couple of Hosers there too.

·
Just pixels
2,991 Posts
I got TTI sights, steel guide rod and trigger kit for production. Very happy with everything, trigger is more of a rolling break than wall, which I like but others may not.

I used the 4.5# striker spring and reduced power FP spring on the kit for mine. I guess it’s a 13# recoil spring that come with the tti rod??? Anyway everything is running good on my gun thus far.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts