close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 17 gen 4 sights help needed

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by bullmercdw, Jul 30, 2012.

Tags:
  1. bullmercdw

bullmercdw

I recently purchased my first Glock. I love the gun, but have an issue with the sights. At first I thought it was me, either pushing the muzzle left, or just not sighting it properly. I had my cousin shoot it, who is a fine shot, and he hit the same place I have been.
    At 25 yards, if I aim dead center on a target, the round hits 18" left of where I aimed. At 8 yards, it's about 6" left.
    The manual says the rear sights are adjustable with the small tool provided. No tool came with the gun (I bought it new) and even then, I see no way to adjust it.
    Can anyone give me some insight?
    Thank you,
    David

2. Prryan45

Prryan45

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012

3. JBP55

JBP55

You would have to move your sights .120 plus to the right if your numbers are correct. Half that amount would be huge. Better have a good Glock shooter try your pistol.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  4. bullmercdw

bullmercdw

Thanks for the reply, but it makes me have to ask another question. Do Glocks shoot differently than other weapons? I'm no expert, but I'm not a begginer either. My cousin that shot it has owned 17s in the past, and is what I would consider an expert with any short or long gun. He's just that good. I just picked up a Springfield XD Sub Compact for my wife, and even though it is a little to small for my hand, my rounds found the center much more often than with my Glock. Something seems amiss. I'll have a friend of mine that shoots competetively give it a whirl. Thanks again.