close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 17 Ejector Problems?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by agl1911, Feb 19, 2007.

Tags:
  1. agl1911

agl1911

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and was hoping to enlist some of the experts here to help me with an issue on my glock 19. It used to have this problem when I fired it the shells were being ejected straight back either just missing my head or hitting me right in the forehead (very annoying). I took it to a glock armour and they replaced the spring and some other parts and it had appeared to be ejecting fine. I went to the range the other day and the problem returned after the first 100 or so rounds. And it is pretty bad now with almost every shell ejecting and hitting my head. The only thing that has changed since the last time it fired fine was using reloads i bought at a gun show. I fired a couple of factory rounds after about 300 or so reloads and seemed to do the same thing. I asked a worker at the range and he doesn't think it's the rounds... if it isn't that, than what is it? I clean my gun after every time i go to the range and i think i am cleaning it right. Any ideas on how to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT... its a 19 not a 17.

2. lewprinting

lewprinting

The only thing I can think of that it may be is that you may be allowing the muzzle to rise too much during recoil. The pistol is designed for the most part to eject the shells up and to the right. If you let the muzzle of the pistol rise too much during recoil, you then have the open port of the slide pointed more at your head than upward. This could cause the shells to be ejected more toward your face instead of up and to the right.

Try holding the pistol with more of a firm grip and don't allow your wrists to be lymph and flexible. Lock up those wrists a little bit.

Let me know if that helps, I'm curious.

I have had the same problem, but that's maybe once in 1000 rounds fired.

3. agl1911

agl1911

That makes sense... i was getting a little tired as the night wore on and I my grip was getting a little weak. I will keep an eye out on that the next time i go to the range. Thanks for the input.