Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has had their grips of their glocks chopped down to accomodate the next size down magazine. I have a 17 and would like the smaller grip of the 19 and am not sure if it is something that could be done myself (with great care of course) or if I should send it off to one of the reputable glocksmiths. I really don't feel like paying $60 plus shipping both ways for something I can do myself. Your thoughts please

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I wouldn't do it myself,but that is just me.I am a big DIY guy but when it comes to chopping the grip I couldn't do it.
I was wondering the same thing about the grip>I think a g17 with a chopped grip would carry nicely.DO you have any links of glock gunsmtihs that are good?I am thinking of getting some work done to my g17

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just use google to find some smiths. I want to try to find someone local who could do it for me since I'm leo and can't really party with my gun for a long period of time.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Why not just get a 19? The difference in barrel length is not significant at all.

·
Private side
11,500 Posts
Who has had their grips of their glocks chopped down to accomodate the next size down magazine. I have a 17 and would like the smaller grip of the 19 and am not sure if it is something that could be done myself (with great care of course) or if I should send it off to one of the reputable glocksmiths. I really don't feel like paying $60 plus shipping both ways for something I can do myself. Your thoughts please
Try Lone Wolf and buy the slide and barrel to make a 19L.
http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Products.aspx?CAT=255

·
Registered
713 Posts
Here's a couple that we have done.

We chopped this 17 to 19 for Duane Daiker of Concealed Carry Magazine

This is a 17 chopped to a 19 without reduction compared to a stock 19.

A 22 chopped to a 23.

A 21 chopped to a 30

And a 19 chopped to a 26

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
that was my same deal. I have the gun for a while and really like. not sure I could sell it and get a 19 w/o having to spend too much $$. Kinda just wanted to modify a gun I was perfectly happy with so I will be happy with it long. That will also make my wife happy.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Don't do it they look bad and accomplish nothing.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
sure it looks bad if you have an incompetent smith do it.I see no reason why a really good smith couldn't do this W/O messing it up cosmetically

·
just me
8,176 Posts
just use google to find some smiths. I want to try to find someone local who could do it for me since I'm leo and can't really party with my gun for a long period of time.
if you are a leo how can you have that done

1 - 20 of 20 Posts