close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 17 - Brass in the face

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by marca, Mar 28, 2006.

Tags:
  1. marca

marca

I bought a new Glock 17. So far I've put about 700 or 800 rounds through it. I seem to have a problem with the gun tossing brass back at my head and in somewhat random directions. This has been an occasional problem from the time I bought the gun but it seems to happen more frequently lately.

When the last round ejects it usually ejects just an inch or so above the slide, usually straight up, like there is very little force propelling it; sort of wimpy.

I've tried adjusting my grip on the gun, same issues. My wife shot the gun, same issues. This is the first time I've experienced this with a Glock. I have a 26 and a 19 and a 30 and don't recall either smacking me with brass. Any ideas on which parts to look at? The extractor? Recoil spring? I have 5 magazines and seem to experience the issue with all magazines.

ideas?

2. Flr50

Flr50

I bought a new G17 and my daughter had the same problem. Everytime she fired the gun the case would hit her in the forehead. I posted the question about it on here and most said it was from not locking your wrist. I have no problem with it. She watches her grip now and the problem seems to have went away.

3. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

Lube the pistol and lock your wrists, elbows, and shoulders.

Good luck,

Don

4. Randy Dandy

Randy Dandy

If it doesn't happen with your other Glocks check for a chipped extractor.

If the extractor looks good have another experienced Glock shooter try yours and see if it happens with them.

5. marca

marca

I had a Glock armorer take a look at my 17. There was a lot of crud built up under the extractor. That seems to have been the cause of the brass flying in random directions.