Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m completely new to the Glock world . I decided to build a custom 17 instead of buying a stock 17 . I’m having a hard time finding a barrel . A lot of people say that barrels don’t make a difference and that one company produces almost 80 percent of the barrels on the market . All they do is stamp their name and add different coatings . I called a few shops and it seems that some of them are bias towards products . Others even say it’s all about looks. I hope someone here can lead me to a good barrel . The brands I have been looking at are true precision, killer innovations, blacklist , s3f , and Faxon .

·
Banned
328 Posts
That is mostly true.
The average shooter wont notice any benefit from upgrading their barrel. Pick one you like and go for it. The barrels you listed are all good choices.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I'm also looking for a barrel and whenever I see LWD compared to KKM, people pretty clearly prefer the KKM. KKM seems well regarded all around. It sucks for me because I want a beveled LWD comp to match my beveled LWD slide and I don't know how going with a different manufacturer's threaded barrel might affect that. I wish someone kept up with the length differences.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts