Glock 17 4th gen, test results and couple of pics

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by JoleBole, Feb 26, 2010.

Tags:
  1. JoleBole

JoleBole CZShadow

Went to the range last week and they had a G17 4th gen. I decided to give it a try. I like the grip and the mag release upgrades - work very well for me. I shot 2 boxes with it, didn't feel any difference in recoil compared the 3rd gen with the standard spring. Shoots very accurate as any other Glock, no complaints about that. No failures or jams of any kind, 100% reliable. So for those that think that Glock is going downwards with these 4th gen models...you are so wrong! Go out and shot them, and you'll see what I mean. Looking forward of getting one of my own or a G19 4th Gen. Here are 2 pics from the range model...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. James Dean

James Dean

Its funny I keep reading that some say the duel recoil spring helps and some say no difference with the G17. I guess its not a night and day difference with the new springs.

3. JoleBole

JoleBole CZShadow

It might help with the 40, but honestly I don't think it will happen. As long as the slide has to go all the way back eject the spent casing and reload another one, I don't think that any spring changes will change the recoil. The snappiness from the 40 doesn't come just from the action of the slide moving backwards - it's a big and strong stress coming from the chamber that's transferred to the frame. I just wanna try one in 40 so I can contradict myself. But as far as the G17 4th gen, I wasn't expecting changes in felt recoil even before I shot it.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  4. ainokea

ainokea

Had the same results as you did, although it didn't like my light reloads it did great with factory ammunition. At first i didn't notice any difference in felt recoil, but after shooting more with it I can tell the difference. Also i was shooting it side by side with my G34.

5. feathers73

feathers73

I put one on layaway today. Hope to get it out in a month (maybe two weeks)

6. Apprentice

Apprentice

I've fired extensively 9mm through BHPs, P7s, Sig P226 and 239, Beretta 92, Star BM, Gen 1 and Gen 3 Glock 17, Gen 2 and Gen 3 19s, 34, 17L, M&P Pro 9, and S&W 469. By a huge margin, the new Gen 4 G17 is the flattest recoiling 9mm I've ever shot. This judgement is shared by other far more experienced pistol shooters. Now something is causing this.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  7. Gary1911A1

Gary1911A1

For those of you who have shot the 4th generation and the 3rd. Does the muzzle dip to much on the slide returning to battery? What I'm wondering about is the front sight dipping to far down and then whipping back up high so you have to depress it again for proper sight picture if I'm making sense?

8. JBP55

JBP55

Not an issue.

9. Gallium

Gallium CLM

In short, no.

'Drew