close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Glock 17/19

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Tap Tap, May 12, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Tap Tap

Tap Tap

I don't have a 19 yet and I just bought a 17. My question is, are the slides interchangeable. I am thinking about getting a custom slide for my 17 so I can mount a red dot sight.

Then if the slides are interchangeable I could just buy a 19 lower and mount my slide assembly from my 17 on it.

2. Gnflorida

Gnflorida

Id say deffinitally not, slides don't match up * edited, felt the Haha no came off a little rude*

Last edited: May 13, 2012

3. AK74play

AK74play

From a STOCK standpoint, they are NOT interchangable. Locking blocks and frame lengths are different not to mention the barrel lug position. BUT, Lone Wolf Dist. sells Full sized barrels with lugs cut to the compact sized locking block and with their shrowd that fills the gap between the shorter compact lower frame and the full sized slide you CAN do it. As you can see from the pic, I did it with a 19 lower and a 34 upper. You can see the schrowd and the barrel length is same as the 34 but cut for the 19 locking block. You can do the same thing only get the 17 length barrel and use your stock slide with the same schrowd.

4. Tap Tap

Tap Tap

Funny you mention Lone Wolf because that is the site I was on that made me think about doing it that way. I guess the stock 17 slide is about .5" or so longer than the stock slide on the 19 so stock for stock is an obvious no go.

5. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

No but it would be nice if it were, yes the LW route is a good option

:50cal:

6. Eric2340

Eric2340 Infidel :)

Or you could just cut the frame on a 17 to keep it all stock...................

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shoots and handles like a DREAM BTW. :)

7. JAS104

JAS104 NRA Life Member

Nice concept, good idea. but unfortunately, no.
    You're looking at full sized versus compact. There's not a HUGE difference in size, but it doesn't work that way.

You looking for an easier ccw to conceal?