Glock 10mm Return to battery issues

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by jfkid, Aug 6, 2020.

1. jfkid

jfkid

Hello all! I am afraid I bought someone else’s headache but I’m hopeful I can fix it. It is a Gen3 frame with a Lone Wolf long slide and an Alpha Wolf barrel. It functions ok but all to often fails to lock back up on the next round. I am guessing some new recoil springs are the place to start but which ones? I you manual cycle it and stop at the point the barrel should start to rise, it will stick there. Any advice would be appreciated before I start buying and swapping parts. Maybe it just needs “broken in”?

I have a G34 & G35 and have never had this issue with either of them.

2. NewYorker

NewYorker

Thats not a glock 10mm. Id suggest getting a Glock slide and barrel for starters.

3. mtstream

mtstream

Yeah, I'm starting to take issue with calling non-glock firearms "Glock" but that's just a soapbox.

The RSA is the first (and cheapest) place to start (Glock factory RSA). Given the description of where the slide stops though, that would have to be a completely exhausted RSA so it is likely something is rubbing. Take the slide apart and look for any evidence of rub marks in strange places. Check the connector is not pressing against the slide and the barrel is not too tight. I assume everything is meant to be 10mm?

4. cciman

cciman MacGyver

Perhaps rewrite your first post so those trying to help can understand the symptoms.

Not clear.

5. voyager4520

voyager4520

The factory weight recoil spring for a Gen3 G20 is 17lbs but that's intended for use with factory range ammo which is usually loaded not much hotter than .40SW.

Besides that I'd start with a detail strip cleaning particularly of the slide. It'll also give you a chance to make sure it has the right parts and check for damage. Just make sure not to leave excess oil in or on the slide internals, wipe everything dry before reassembling each the upper and lower then lubricate according to Glock's instructions. Here's a good detail strip video:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV0wDDFV0NY