Glock 10mm problems

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by idahodirt, Jul 23, 2007.

1. idahodirt

idahodirt

Hello all,
    I have 2 20's and 1 29. I have had this problem with all 3. Granted they were all fairly dirty at the time, but my 9's have been worse and NEVER have a mis-fire.
    When I pulled the trigger I got a "crunch" instead of the loud bang. Rack slide and all is well again. Very light impact on primer on mis-fired round which went off fine upon second try later. When I stripped the firing pin, there is a slight bur were the pin would be impacting the pin saftey from inertia on the forward stroke. Does anyone else have this problem. I am guessing this is causeed by the heavier recoil spring in the 10mm guns.
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks,
    Ken

2. f4tweet

f4tweet

Reloads, or factory ammo?

3. DaScotsman

DaScotsman D-FENS

In the several hundred rounds I put through my G20 and G29, I've only had one malfunction - one single dud round. Dent on the round and all, just no bang. I haven't altered either one of the weapons. (Yet... I just got my G29 .40s&w conversion barrel today :thumbsup: )

If they were my weapons, I'd take them to an armorer and see what needs replacing...

Just my $0.02, YMMV

4. idahodirt

idahodirt

Factory. Rounds chambered normaly but a crunching sound with trigger pull. Sounds like half of the noise of a regular trigger pull. Small dimple on primer. Other primer strikes look fine. I am guessing the bur that accumulates gets to the point of dragging on the pin saftey.

5. Maine1

Maine1

also check for a buildup of crud in the firing pin channel...the ONLY FTF i have ever had with a glock was due to this. Not much crud required, either.

6. idahodirt

idahodirt

I guess I need the 4256-1 trigger bar up grade. 3 on the way. Glock wanted me to ship all 3 to them and pay shipping at around $100.00 one way, then they would install the three $12 parts for me. They refused to send me the parts, which I understand, but I am still pissed my guns did not come with an upgrade they feel is needed. Glock's "halo" is not shinning as bright to me any more.
    P.S. They said this is a problem with all large frame, ie. 20, 21, 29, 30, models!

7. Imarkay

Imarkay

I have a 20 and a 29, both quite new. I have never heard
    of a 4256-1 trigger bar upgrade. Where did you get this
    information?

8. idahodirt

idahodirt

Warrenty guy at Glock Int. told me about the upgrade. The number should be printed on top of the bar. Strip off the slide and take a look. One of my 20's is an '05 production gun. Also, do a search here for "4256".

9. Glockman454

Glockman454

You can buy the upgrade at www.glockparts.com

If the link below does not work, use the above url and do a search for the 4256. They have the replacement as you say - i.e. 4256-1

http://glockparts.com/?mainURL=/store/item/gh9v/Trigger_W_Trigger_Bars/Trigger_w_trigger_bar.html

EDIT. Oops! I just noticed you have 3 on the way. I should have read closer...

10. MQ79

MQ79

Thanks for the info. I've had a couple of light primer strikes with my G29 and now I know what the problem was. I'll definatley be getting the 4246-1 soon :thumbsup:.