Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I need to make changes to the glock 10mm in order to shoot hard cast lead bullets in it? If so, what exact changes do I need to make? Please provide the web links to buy the parts that are needed.

·
Transform & Win
3,349 Posts
Greg Kinman (Hickok45) found that DoubleTap 10mm 230gr WFNGC hardcast lead bullets tumbled and accuracy suffered drastically fired from the G20 factory 10mm barrel with polygonal rifling. The same 230gr ammo performed well when fired from an aftermarket barrel with conventional land and groove rifling. Lighter DoubleTap 10mm 200gr WFNGC hardcast bullets performed well with the factory or aftermarket barrel. Take a look at the video with his findings at: Glock 20 with Heavy Cast Bullets (Chapter 2)

·
Registered
35 Posts
My take: KKM barrels at a minimum for all gens for chamber support.

A heavier RSA for gen 2/3 guns. Gen 4 guns are fine with stock RSA offerings.

·
NRA Life Member.
3,508 Posts
Do I need to make changes to the glock 10mm in order to shoot hard cast lead bullets in it? If so, what exact changes do I need to make? Please provide the web links to buy the parts that are needed.
No.

No web links needed. I load 'em and I shoot 'em. Same mold, same lead, same amo, same powder, same every thing in my Colt DE or G20 either one and by the bucket loads.

Cast the bullits, drop in water, lube, size, lube again and load them in Starline brass. Over and over and over.

Reactions: CanyonMan

·
Registered
20 Posts
Have a model 20 gen 2 since 93 . Went into reloading due to cost & availability. I shoot lead 90% of the time, 175 gr loads at mid level charges . I do shoot 2-3 plated rounds as my final rounds ( as per Hickok) and soak barrel I solvent . I see no evidence of lead fouling.

Now if I go 200+ gr and hi charge I will ruin my brass due to the unsupported factory barrel. I have been considering a aftermarket barrel & my research thus far is that the KKM is one of the better choices. Some barrels seem to have feed issues.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Also a fan of Double Tap 200 gr WFNGC Hard Cast

No leading issues in 29, 20 or 40

Stock barrel and RSA

Tried Lone Wolf barrel in 29 and had feeding issues

·
In The Saddle
8,641 Posts
Depends on the bullets...

I've been shooting 18-21 bhn hardness hard cast bullets through all OEM Glock barrles, in ALL the calibers of them I own, for decades now. NO issues. Use a good "hard cast." NOT, a soft lead bullet. If ya want to, check the barrel every mag full, and go on if it is NOT showing serious lead fouling, AND, it should not, IF your using good Hard Cast, and not soft lead. Works for us here, and very accurate out on our long canyon range.

I tried the AM barrels, and "for me," it was a waste of money. The OEM barrels have been super accurate enough for us, and the Hard Cast have worked fantastic all these years..

Have fun
Stay safe

CM
:horse:

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm another one who has fired tens of thousands of lead bullets through OEM Glock barrels with no problems...

Given: I'm shooting .40 S&W, and I'm only shooting light loads.

·
Banned
3,351 Posts
Just get an aftermarket barrel and be done with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts