Glock 10 round mags podropping out of gun

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by tobin, Jul 30, 2005.

1. tobin

tobin

Hello All

i have been having this problem at least once during a match where my fully loaded 10 round mags seem to be locked in after a change, then when I fire the fire round, the mag falls out without picking up a fresh round and I am left with an empty gun. My mags still need some breaking in? They seem to be under a lot of tension.

Never happens in practice only during matches, of course.

I have loaded only 9 and this does not seem to happen.

Suggestions? BTW, hi caps are a no no where I live.

2. MarkP

MarkP

Sounds like you aren't seating them all the way.
    Leave the 10 rounders loaded during the week so that they will take a "set."

3. Ookster

Ookster

Back during the dark ages of the Bill Clinton assault weapons ban, I noticed that fully loaded 10 round mags needed a good wack on the bottom to get them to fully seat.

Obviously, this isn't an issue when inserting a mag with the slide locked back. But if you're changing mags with the slide forward, I'd just give it a good slap on the bottom to make sure it's in all the way.

Eric

4. kyjack45

kyjack45

I did that at my last USPSA/IPSC match, and the mag did a "speed unload." I managed to retrieve most of the parts and 9 out of 10 live rounds, but one live round and the flat plastic part that was supposed to lock the base pad on launched into orbit (or at least 20 yards from the shooting position). Does Glock warranty their magazines? I now consider their 10-round magazine to be defective (improperly designed) and would want it replaced with a 17-rounder. If not, I hope I can at least get the missing piece, even if I have to demote the rebuilt 10-round piece of junk to "Barney" status.
    Richard
    Schennberg.com

5. Clay1

Clay1

These Glocks are tuff man, just wack the crap out of the bottom of the mag and make sure it seats fully.

On the standard mags here is a link that shows how to dissassembly them and put them back together the right way. Have no idea what basepads you are using so can't address that. Have 10, 17 round mags and no problems with any of them.

http://www.topglock.com/info/magdis.htm

Rick

6. bigbear_98

bigbear_98

I have had the same problem. When you are at full speed it is hard to know if you "whack" them in hard enough. My best guess was that the springs were to stiff. So I leave them loaded all the time now. Seems to be ok so far.

7. tobin

tobin

Thanx to all for replying. My next match is 10 days away so I am loading the mags tonight!

8. Clay1

Clay1

A small side note: if dry firing practice and doing reloads many people practice with an empty mag and the mag is so light it seats differently than a full mag. Many suggest loading a mag up with those blaze orange dummy rounds that you can buy because they will add weight and make the mag seem more realistic then when you get in a match you know how hard to seat a fully loaded mag and you are not just use to an empty mag. Just a FYI note that's all.

Rick