Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are Glock factory “ready to use” +2 magazines for the Glock 17 and the Glock 19 and maybe for the Glock 26 but I am not sure regarding the last one someone please correct me if I am wrong. I’d like to know if there is any difference between these factory “extra-capacity” magazines and the standard magazines with +2 Base Pads. Do these standard +2 magazines have two additional holes on them and longer spring or everything is the same except they have +2 base pads???
Thanks a lot.

·
Florist
20,806 Posts
To my knowledge, it's a standard body with a +2 base pad.

·
Registered
409 Posts
They do not have additional holes on the magazine body just a +2 base instead of the standard (flush/flat) base. Spring and mag body are the same.
I add the +2 to my mags for my Glock 19 and also install Wolff magazine spring +10% extra power to improve feeding and magazine performance.
Note: two parts required for Glock Factory +2 Extension.
1 extension and 1 insert.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Plus 2 base plates are seem to be priced very well I would just order some of those.

8,219 Posts
Where in the US can you buy the Glock 17 mags that come from the factory with +2 extentions. I'm looking for 2 or 3.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've put a +2 plate on one of my Glock 26 10 round mags and in reality is only a +1. Not enough room I guess.

·
20,441 Posts
The #7151 bases are barked "+" and not "+2" because the increase in capacity depends on tube size and caliber. They do add 2 rounds to a G26 magazine but it's a tight fit.

·
Registered
409 Posts
The Glock Factory + magazine extensions were never intended to go on 10 round magazines... to the best of my knowledge.

·
Federal Member
30,018 Posts
This is a G27 magazine with the "7151 +" marked ext.

Makes it easy to carry 10 +1 with the G27.

:cool:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
does anyone want to sell me one for a glock 26 i just want to see how the pinky extension works.. if you have an extra mag with the extension on it and want to sell pm me please.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts