Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Regular Guy
1,789 Posts
Ya, stupid design for ANY type of reload unless you plan on using a wooden table to push the magazine in.

The gimmicky crap that is out there boggles the mind. How's about a stock Glock with steel night sights and a goddang hand held light? That combo has been winning gunfights for thousands of years. :)

And call me nutty, but if I was going under in a locked automobile, I might just use the loud end of the pistol to break a window. One pull of the trigger should do nicely.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
OUCH!!!

Yeah I'll bet that is real fun when you seat your mags.

And only $29.99!

I'll pass, hopefully I can locate some other sharp object if my car ever goes careening into a lake or an ocean or something.

·
Observer
1,923 Posts
Maybe you all of have seen this before.. but I hadnt..... maybe I'm sorry I did now :faint:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magazine-Fl...087?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a6d9e2e7
I got one of those...I bought it in the beginning of the year, from the manufacturer's booth in the Shot Show...never install it... I usually do those things in pairs, I have to buy another-one and will have them on two mags...
You can get any kind of tool grade steel, shape it in pyramid or cone and fix it there, good quality, professional grade 3M double tape will do it also. I think they used some kind of resin to attach the metal piece, I have to dig out my plate and look at it...I could be mistaking, but I think mine had a hole below the cone, this-one doesn't...

·
Registered
875 Posts
It's a dumb idea, but I think we might be missing the point. I doubt it was designed for the person inside the car. It might have been designed for LE use. Police are often the first on the scene of accidents where the doors are locked and there is a need to break a window for entry. When I was a full-time EMT I carried a spring-loaded center punch to do the job. The mag plate is a silly idea.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Any legitimate LEO, paramedic, fireman, or other first responder certainly should have far better equipment/solutions on hand to break vehicle (or other) windows than slamming the butt end of a pistol against it.

I seem to recall seeing one other of the cottage-market aftermarket Glock industry coming up with some sort of a spring-loaded attachment to accomplish the same thing, albeit it was attached to the receiver light rails. Is struck me as an equally useless mall-ninja piece of kit.

Best, Jon

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
It's a dumb idea, but I think we might be missing the point. I doubt it was designed for the person inside the car. It might have been designed for LE use. Police are often the first on the scene of accidents where the doors are locked and there is a need to break a window for entry. When I was a full-time EMT I carried a spring-loaded center punch to do the job. The mag plate is a silly idea.
I have been in this situation many times, that's what the expandable baton is for. Your pistol should not be used to smash windows, ever.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Any legitimate LEO, paramedic, fireman, or other first responder certainly should have far better equipment/solutions on hand to break vehicle (or other) windows than slamming the butt end of a pistol against it.
Agreed. That's why I said it was a stupid idea. Im just pointing out that this may have been the intended market. I can't think of a cop who would actually use one of these. Hence why it's on ebay instead of Gall's.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I'm sure it is effective, but should I really be swinging my (presumably) loaded pistol towards a window to smash it? I don't think there are many situations where a better solution couldn't be found. About the only situation I could think of is a civilian approaching a car wreck that is burning. In that case, I would have no qualms dropping the mag, clearing the chamber and using my new Glock hammer. The pros have much better, safer tools.

·
NRA Life Member
73,562 Posts
Ah ya you are stuck in your car and you are going under water fast and all you have with you is your carry gun. Maybe it's just me but I think Ill pass. SJ 40
In that case, I don't think I'd use the butt to break the window. Even a 9mm would work better, probably.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.