Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is NOT posted in the COVID-19 forum because it has nothing to do with the pandemic, but has everything to do with the sad state of affairs with how many in our society today hate our cops.

Heros.jpg

·
Mentally Frozen
28,489 Posts
Where the Hell did that come from???

·
Registered
12,713 Posts
That picture is disgusting. I despise cop haters. Are there bad cops? Of course, there are rotten apples in EVERY profession. Anyone who thinks living in society w/o cops is a good idea is insane and will dearly regret his choice if that was ever an option.

The vast majority of cops want to do what's right but sadly, excessive oversight by people ill qualified to evaluate them makes life hard, that and the everpresent smart phones which can be manipulated to make a cop involved in a shooting look as if they executed the "victim". Don

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
What is your point? There are great LEOs that understand and respect and uphold their oath and there are those that blindly follow orders. Just look at California.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Why so serious?
65,931 Posts
What are the two guys doing in the pic below the cop?
A hand to hand transaction. Honorable work among the Cop haters.

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

·
NOT MOD APPROVED
8,680 Posts

·
Millenium #3936
6,445 Posts
cop hating/cop loving has very little to do with why people become law enforcement officers.

That said.. cop hating is a very small minority of the general public. Even so, LEOs rarely deal with or encounter the cop loving majority to begin with. LEOs work much of their entire career dealing people who are adversarial and hostile toward them to say the least. When they are not encountering direct adversity, they are encountering those who to are sympathetic toward the criminal for one reason or the other.

The bottom line is that cop hating or cop bashing does little to prevent good cops from doing their jobs. Good police work is good police work and whatever cooperation they receive from witnesses, informants and so called "good citizens" are often the product of you scratch my back, I''ll scratch your back and not a result of personal admiration of police. Some of the best information obtained by police actually comes from people who cant stand police.

Police have it rough.. they know it. They should be treated better.. I agree. But all this hubbub about cop hating/cop bashing is all for not. If that is what is keeping someone from putting on a badge, they probably did not need to sign up to begin with.

·
Registered
98 Posts
cop hating/cop loving has very little to do with why people become law enforcement officers.

That said.. cop hating is a very small minority of the general public. Even so, LEOs rarely deal with or encounter the cop loving majority to begin with. LEOs work much of their entire career dealing people who are adversarial and hostile toward them to say the least. When they are not encountering direct adversity, they are encountering those who to are sympathetic toward the criminal for one reason or the other.

The bottom line is that cop hating or cop bashing does little to prevent good cops from doing their jobs. Good police work is good police work and whatever cooperation they receive from witnesses, informants and so called "good citizens" are often the product of you scratch my back, I''ll scratch your back and not a result of personal admiration of police. Some of the best information obtained by police actually comes from people who cant stand police.

Police have it rough.. they know it. They should be treated better.. I agree. But all this hubbub about cop hating/cop bashing is all for not. If that is what is keeping someone from putting on a badge, they probably did not need to sign up to begin with.
Well said...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Daca is caca
3,730 Posts
Why is it when a cop-hater experiences a home invasion he always yells for his wife to "Call 911"
Insurance claims require a police report

·
Registered
14,329 Posts
The OP’s picture doesn’t strike me as bashing cops rather than highlighting how police are not appreciated as some feel they should be especially given the supposed extra risk for police during this pandemic.
That’s what I thought....... but I never did and still dont tolerate any police bashing.

Try doing the job sometime (if you can). How about paying for your own private security at 3:00 in the morning to clear your house.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts