I have a new job I'm starting at the end of the month and I'm trying to decide if I am going to give my employer a notice before I leave. I'm afraid if I put in my 2 weeks, they will just let me go and I will have 2 weeks of unpaid time off before I can start my new job and I can't afford that. I know most of you will say "It's the right thing to do, it's professional courtesy, you might need them as a reference later" which I would normally agree with. My company is run by a bunch of shady, vindictive managers that have fired people as soon as they have put in their notice. Let's just say the way they treat employees is the main reason I'm leaving. btw I've been at this company for 5 years...what would you do in this situation?