Glock Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd been thinking about one of the Springfield SA-35's, but have never seen one out in the "real world." But a few weeks ago, I got an email from Sportsman's Warehouse showing the Girsan MC P-35 of sale for $475.00. I hit the buy it button and had it shipped to the closest SW store to me. It arrived a few days later, and my wife and I enjoyed a nice drive up to the mountains, and down the Blue Ridge Parkway to pick it up. $505.00 out the door.

It's pretty much a P-35 copy. I think the sights are different, but no big deal to me. It only came with one 15 round mag, which doesn't really bother me at that price. It's a range gun, but I ordered a couple of others anyway. Metal work is good, the FDE finish is nice, and better looking than I expected it to be. Same for the grips. I figured they'd have to go, but darn they're comfortable. I think I'll keep them.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Everyday carry

Air gun Trigger Revolver Gun barrel Everyday carry

I've got a couple hundred or so rounds through it and it's a good shooter. No malfunctions at all. The ammo was a combination of my reloads, Blazer Brass, and Winchester White Box. The trigger is about 7.5-8.0 pounds, but doesn't feel that heavy. It breaks clean, with a short reset. It still has the mag disconnect, so magazines don't drop free. Again no real big deal to me.

I think I keep this one.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Thanks for the quick review, I want one set up just like yours. Congrats and enjoy your new pistol.

·
Registered
24,314 Posts
I am waiting for the Match or the OPs version to come out. The guy with EAA said they should ship mid July. MSRP is $699.

If I could find the regular MC P35 for $400, I would snatch one up..

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I've been waiting for an SA-35 but so far nobody has had any around here. They are too expensive on gunbroker. I was reading about this one in the Rifleman I just got and thought if I find one I may get it. The mag disconnect and non drop free mags are kind of a downer though.

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've been waiting for an SA-35 but so far nobody has had any around here. They are too expensive on gunbroker. I was reading about this one in the Rifleman I just got and thought if I find one I may get it. The mag disconnect and non drop free mags are kind of a downer though.
If you remove the mag disconnect the mags will drop free. I've done it on a couple of other clones. It's not hard, I've just been too lazy to do it on this one. Or, if you want to leave the Mag disconnect, you can look for the "mousetrap" mags that have a spring that pops the mags out with some force.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
My dealer knows I've been awaiting the Springfield SA-35. Got a call not long ago he had two of the Girsan one FDE the other blued. Fit and finish was very well done, and I had no issue with any magazine I tried. I've got about a case of those Asian BHP mags from CDNN a few years back when they closed them out, once I put good springs and followers the mags ended up running me like 11 bucks each and they work flawlessly.

The FDE model I've put 400 ball and 150 JHP through with not one malfunction and accuracy at 31ft averaging 2.214"
The Blued model I've been dogging to see how it holds up, so far it's taken 7250 ball, GECO 115gr fmj and 400 JHP. I did experience one FTF but determined it was the off brand hp mag I had laying in my mag basin.

Reactions: Sharkey

·
NRA Life Member
13,665 Posts
Yep...the mag disconnect can easily and quickly be removed and it will improve the trigger substantially because of the way the mag disconnect contacts the front of the magazine and the friction and force it adds to the trigger pull.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
I was able to shoot a friends, I was impressed with the quality, seemed very well made for the price point.

I had a Browning Hi Power in factory satin chrome,
As a side note, if you remove the mag disconnect, it will make the trigger pull lighter,
But the almost non existent tactile reset will be even worse.
I found my self short stroking the trigger.
The Browning now lives in a new forever home.

·
Registered
36,960 Posts
Ditch the mag disconnect and the mags will drop and the trigger pull will improve!
Not a hard thing to do.
Bruce Gray worked on one of mine and kept it intact. Basically he polished the crap out of the "piston" and the "bore" in the trigger.

I was having him install a no bite hammer and since he had it he didn't charge much for the trigger pull improvement.

You could probably do it yourself with semichrome and time.

It basically brought it up to a striker fired trigger or a stiff 1911.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts