Gillette’s backflip after ‘toxic masculinity’ backlash

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by DonGlock26, Aug 22, 2019.

1. jstrange

jstrange

That GE guru wasn’t Jack Donaghy was it?

2. Jisbell40

Jisbell40

3. 'Ol Grandad

'Ol Grandad Director of civil unrest

‘We will continue to represent men at their best’: Gillette’s backflip after ‘toxic masculinity’ backlash

As long as those men are not white, heterosexual, Christian or otherwise the type of man that would truly represent America or any other developed/1ar world country.
    If you don't believe this just watch their Super Bowl commercial again and pay closer attention.

4. Schrag4

Schrag4

The SJWs can cram their BS down our throats all day long via a complicit media and social media platforms that push low-viewed SJW content while hiding conservative content, but at the end of the day, they can’t make us buy from a company that pushes the same BS. They must absolutely seethe at the thought that we’re free to spend our hard earned money the way that we see fit. At least until they’re in power and can create the perfect utopia, where they can use your 90+% taxes to buy your razors for you, from a govt approved SJW company, of course.

5. Glockbug

Glockbug

Gillette can stick it where the sun don't shine. I'm a Schick guy.

6. sdsnet

sdsnet NRA Member CLM

7. Tuscany

Tuscany

Strongly agree that Gillette are not anywhere close to be worth their price, but disagree that they work best. Disagree with the second bolded part as well.

I have long thought Gillette Fusion blades and shave cream way overpriced. And when they had national ads talking about how they were lowering their price I could see no discernable local price drop.

So, well over a year before this whole crappy Gillette thing started I decided to try Harry's and bought a handle and several blade cartridges. I tried them directly against the top of the line Gillette I had always used. Alternated between using Gillette one day and then Harry's the next. Went to using one a week at a time then the other and finally each for a month at a time. This took close to a year.

Bottom line is that I like Harry's better for a close comfortable shave and also found that they last several days longer before changing. When my son was home for a visit I gave him a Harry's handle and two blades. He immediately switched as he had the same results in comparing the two, especially that Harry's lasted him longer than his Gillette Fusions did.

I think Harry's has been bought by Schick. If they ever insult me and other men on national TV then I'll drop them too, but so far I haven't seen anything as repulsive from any company as that long Gillette anti-man commercial. I will never buy another Gillette product as long as I live.

I have a big supply of Gillette blades as well as two new-in-container handles so I'm still alternating between Harry's and Gillette. But, now almost two years after beginning to compare them my results are still the same. I like Harry's better.

Personal opinion. Your own may vary and that okay.

8. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

9. Neal

Neal Millennium Member

Evidence please?

10. BradD

BradD

If that's all there was, then I'd be a fan. I think there's more to Harry's SJW leanings than that, though. I first saw this in 2015 when they poked believers of traditional marriage in the eye.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/harrys-ad-attacks-masculine-virtue/

http://www.departmentofmemes.com/ne...hes-toxic-masculinity-international-mens-day/

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  11. Borg Warner

Borg Warner

"Suck my ****"

The people in charge of Gillette would probably like that too much.o_O

Flags and BradD like this.
  12. OV1kenobi

OV1kenobi

69BC15E4-B1AA-4D3F-828E-CF7F00C893CE.jpeg F7EE2C1D-48BB-4FD3-9DEB-B2ECC9B85BD0.jpeg I Love Gillette razors.

But only the vintage ones, of which I own many.

I will not buy new Gillette blades for these old razors. I will stick with Feather, KAI or Isreali Personna (Blue Dot.)

Truth be told, I actually prefer a GEM single edge with Ted Pella PTFE-coated stainless steel scientific pathology blades, or a Feather stainless steel Japanese straight razor that uses replaceable Feather blades.

I left Gillette long ago when the price of replacement cartridges became ridiculous.

I never saw the need for a “Mach 20.”

I wised up and outgrew the Gillette upgrade scam many years ago.

Whipping up some shaving lather with something like RazoRock XXX or Santa Maria Del Fiore Firenze Italian shaving soap and a nice brush places this otherwise mundane daily chore into a luxurious experience.

Speaking of Italian shaving soaps:

P.160 Tipo Morbido. I have an unopened 1kg block of this stuff in my refrigerator.

I really don’t want to open it; although I enjoyed using all the samples that I have acquired very much over the years.

It will not keep forever, so maybe I should just go ahead and start using it.

Perhaps save a small block for my Grandson when he starts shaving, so that he can experience it.

Really liked that soap. Hate to see it go.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  13. Neal

Neal Millennium Member

Thanks for the links. I was not aware that Harry's had gone lib. I don't know what "toxic masculinity" means, but I'm guessing being a conservative, I am one of the enemy. Looks like no more Harry's products for me either. Also, just looked up SJW to see what it means. I have a different name for those idiots.
    I think it would be a good idea to send Harry's an email and let them know why I will not be buying any more of their products.

I assume from this thread that Dollar Shave Club is not lib?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    BradD likes this.
  14. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

15. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977

Before I read this thread I didn't even know they made this stupid thing. And it is stupid, if I made razor's I make the razor and then STFU ; I wouldn't tell anyone how to act and sure as hell wouldn't tell another man how to act. I really dont even get any of this, are they owned by morons?

Anyway I buy only no name el cheapo's cause I only shave on work days which isn't all that often anymore. Gillette can stick their social issue's up their nether regions.

16. scattershot

scattershot

Yep, aparrently.

17. Tuscany

Tuscany

Can't find the videos of Harry's attacks on masculine virtue as they have apparently been taken down, but I believe what I've read about them.

I had never been to Harry's website until I read these links. In it they say they donate 1% of sales to “organizations that are redefining masculinity for the better”.

I just sent a long email to Harry's. Among other things I told them that American masculinity did not need to be redefined and they were not qualified to do so in any case. I ended it with telling them I would not be buying any more Harry's products in the future.

Thanks for posting these links. Surely there is some good razor blade company out there which is not also in the SJW business.

BradD likes this.
  18. Neal

Neal Millennium Member

Just looked at the Dollar Shave Cub website, but now I think maybe I'll look into a safety razor that takes double edge blades. I think it was on this forum a good while back there was a thread about these. Time to search.