Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a Ghost Rocket connector and spring kit in my G17 last night. This is not the first one I've done, and it went in OK, no post travel to speak of, but when I finished, the trigger safety would not reliably engage. If I pulled the trigger back to check the pre travel , the trigger would not move forward enough to let the trigger safety engage. Needless to say, the stock connector is back in, but with the Ghost spring kit. It works fine with that setup. I couldn't find any binding, but something is keeping the trigger from returning to its full forward position. Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
Assuming that the slide is coming fully forward, a few things that could possibly cause it:
  • Connector not inserted all the way into the slot, pressing the trigger bar against the slide.
  • Bend angle of connector not sufficient and pressing the trigger bar against the slide. Check 1/2 way down the page at http://www.ghostinc.com/category/istallationinstructions/ for simple check.
  • Burr or rough surface on the connector or trigger bar catching on the Rocket. A simple polish of both parts might solve/reveal the problem.
There have been reports that some guns can not reset the triggers with both the reduced power FP spring and the 6# trigger spring, but I don't see how that could be the problem if the original connector works with them.

Good luck.

·
Registered
305 Posts
The combination of a lighter striker spring, and a stronger trigger spring can cause this. I put the same kit in my G34, the trigger was great buy I had reliability issues with it so I went back to the standard striker spring. The trigger is still smother and lighter than stock, and now everything works as it should.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts