Glock Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have several of these, and had no troubles. But, I don’t shoot as much as a lot of people. I am one who loves the Glock 43 but have troubles with the capacity. Seeing the recent ETS magazine thread I have much less confidence in them for self-defense . For that reason, I carry my 26 mostly. What is your experience been with these? Can we trust them?

·
G43 Fanboy
3,133 Posts
I don’t have any experience with Ghost +2 because I use MagGuts and Pearce primarily. But how many rounds of your actual carry ammo have you shot with them trouble free so far?

I ask because it is often difficult to generalize others’ experiences, good or bad, or to apply them to you as the shooter, your particular gun and carry ammo, given individual differences in magazine extensions, guns of the same model, ammo and how each shooter holds/shoots his/her gun, etc...

When choosing a magazine extension or any aftermarket part for my CCW, for that matter, I usually go by the “200 rounds test fire rule” with my actual carry ammo to see if I notice any issue. If there is any inherent compatibility issue between the particular magazine extensions with your particular gun and/or particular carry ammo, it should show up within a couple of hundred rounds. If you don’t experience any issue, it is unlikely that any serious compatibility issue exists or that they will suddenly stop working later....

Some cautious people may want to test fire 300 or even 500 rounds. I feel fine with 200 rounds. YMMV...

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can’t remember now. I’m going to guess only 100 with my Hornaday critical duty. But, now I’ve been using Federal HST 150 MICRO. partly because of HST’s reputation of not giving people trouble. And partly because everywhere I look you miss more than you hit and I don’t want Barrier penetration to cause injury to someone unintentionally. The HST also is the second best round lucky gunners ever tested for 9 mm. It kicks butt! Penetration and expansion. Haven’t tested the HST in the 43 yet, because of the issue I’m asking about now, I can’t get by the low round count. I can live with eight rounds, I think, six rounds is just tough to live with for me. So... I pretty much been caring the 26 exclusively. With a 15 round magazine. ( hey, if you can do it, why not? ) My back up mag is a 17 rounder with a +2 on it. If I’m gonna do this thing my attitude is, do it right or don’t do it all. I carry every day! My G2 Urban Carry allows me to carry a longer handle with no dis advantage. Tactically for me there is no advantage the 43 it’s just a comfort thing. And maybe I just need to man up and not worry about the comfort. I can do every single thing I need to with the 26 and the G2 holster. I never have to change. Being self-employed I have total control over my dress. I have run about 40 of the HST through the G 26 without an issue. Surprisingly enough, what the G2 holster doesn’t like, is a Glock 19 barrel. That makes it print quite a bit more. It also doesn’t draw as well. Although it is fun all the looks I get from the ladies!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.