Ghost Inc Pro 3.3 Installation Kit.

Discussion in 'Gun-Parts & Access.' started by Big Al K9, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Big Al K9

Big Al K9

I purchased the Ghost Pro 3.3 connector complete install kit to install in my new USPSA Production pistol G34 Gen4 MOS. This is a blue label G34 so it comes with the 5.5# connector and fixed sights.

The kit includes the following:

Pro 3.3 Connector
    4# Striker Spring
    6# Striker Spring
    6# Trigger Spring
    Reduced power Safety Plunger Spring
    Armorers Slide Cover Plate
    Armorers Tool.

$56.95

Today I proceed with the install and fitting of the parts with disappointing results. This is my first time installing any of Ghost Inc products, previously I have done similar modifications to Glocks, with parts from other manufacturers. Since Ghost connectors seem to be all the rage with the kids on the street, I decided to give me a try.

The first problem I encountered was that the striker springs, both of them, would not fit correctly in the firing pin channel. When trying to assemble the slide, the striker assembly wouldn't drop in like the OEM would. I had to put pressure to make it go in, and when trying to install the slide cover plate, it was TIGHT. If i forced it in, then the slide would move backwards when the trigger was pulled. Eventually the trigger would break after a heavy pull of about 11lbs. No matter which spring I used, the same result. When replaced with the OEM spring, everything installed good and functioned as it should. So I put those to the side and moved on to the connector.

After polishing the appropriate parts on the frame and trigger bar, I installed the connector according to Ghost Inc instructions on their website. The fitting process was going good, and I was almost done, I just needed to adjust the angle on the connector little more and I did according to their instructions. And the connector broke on my hands. No tools required, just with hand pressure it snapped. This part under normal function does not work under stress, but for proper fitting it needs to be "adjusted" until it fits as it should. I advice caution when doing this so that it doesn't snap like it did to me.

I ordered a replacement connector to do it again. But after thinking about it I changed my mind. I have used the Lone Wolf Pro Pick Trigger kit with previous Glocks before and I had no problems, Why would I put myself through this in the first place, let alone a second time?

So I ordered Pro Pick Trigger Kit from Lone Wolf along with their reduced weight polished plunger, and will install that when it gets here. It comes with all the parts and benefits that I was trying to address with the Ghost Pro 3.3 kit and it is cheaper. And instead of having to shave off the "Travel Control Tab" on the connector (Ghost Pro 3.3) to eliminate Post Travel (the reason I chose the Pro 3.3), the Lone Wolf kit comes with their own trigger housing the "ultimate Trigger stop", that has adjustable trigger post travel, so there are no worries about "shaving too much" like in the Pro 3.3

So when the new Ghost Pro 3.3 gets here, I am either going to return it or sell it. I will make a similar write up once that kit is installed.

Questions and comments are welcome.

2. Timothy Courtney

Timothy Courtney

i had a ghost pro 3.3 installed in my g 21. it lightened the pull and eliminated the wall making it a long pull like a revolver. this is not what i was looking for so i went back to the oem connector. good luck with your pursuit.

3. Big Al K9

Big Al K9

As an update, Ghost Inc contacted me and said they send me 2 replacement striker springs to fix the issue of them not fitting. Even though I already decided to use lone wolf I will try them out and post here the results.

Good customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk