close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ghost + Glock34 = PITA

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by want2race441, Sep 27, 2006.

1. want2race441

want2race441

I chose the Ghost over the Limcat. It is lighter and cheaper. I like the ball bearing tension of the Ghost holster.

However, it took me a little bit of work to get it to work smoothly with my G34. A G19 would slip right in and out with hardly any "snap". Not so with my 34. The 34 required a bit of push to get it to snap into the holster, then to draw it out it was lifting my belt. Way too much resistance. It wasn't from the ball bearing, but from the cam lock that keeps the gun from rotating forward and back.

Once I figured out exactly what was going on I took to the files. The cam lock was actuating too quickly causing the "hook" portion to squeeze against the trigger guard. I tried a few things and finally got it to release very smooth with only the ball bearing for resistance (they way it is supposed to work). The cam lock still works as it should but doesn't cause drag on the draw stroke anymore.

I nearly took it back to the dealer in hopes of trading for the Limcat but I really like the locking lever on the Ghost. If I ever forget to unlock it I hit it on a normal draw so it won't be an issue. Now that I've "adjusted it" it should work fine now.

We'll see this saturday.