close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GHOST 5.0, "Smoothfaced trigger" good upgrade?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by eric2684, Aug 12, 2012.

1. eric2684

eric2684

I have a G19 3rd generation. I have always been unsatisfied with the feel of the trigger. I already changed the plunger safety with a rounded, polished titanium model, which helped improve the trigger feel slightly. I was thinking about installing a "smooth faced" g17 trigger/trigger bar, and installing a GHOST 5 pound connector. I would like to be able to use this gun for Concealed carry occasionally, so I don't want to reduce the trigger weight. It wouldn't be fun having a 124gr+P go off in my waistband.

Any suggestions?

2. barth

barth six barrels

I have a G17 smooth trigger in my G27 and love it.

The trigger weight has nothing to do with shooting yourself.
    If you use a good holster, rather than Mexican carry, and keep you finger off the trigger while you draw, you'll be fine.

Light triggers and an adrenaline dump can cause some folks to shoot before they really intended, or more than they intended (double tap).

There's a subset of GT that like the all Glock "-" connector and NY1 spring combination for carry.
    The connectors and springs are cheap and easy to swap in and out to find a perfect trigger for you. That's a strength of having a Glock.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012

3. NailShooter

NailShooter

I have always hated the feel of the serrated "target" triggers on the pad of my index finger. I change all of my compact and sub compact Glocks to the G17 trigger. Regards,

Nail

4. Made Man

Made Man Glock-o-holic

I changed out my serrated G23 tigger & bar for a G22 unit as soon as I got it. Large improvement.

5. SFla27

SFla27

Part#357, G17 smooth trigger.

Easier on the finger / more ergonomic.

Super easy to install. No issues. Really.

Get it.

:)

6. dkf

dkf

I have smooth faced G17/G22/G31 triggers with the $.25 trigger job on all my Glocks.(all other components stock) Much better feel and is slightly lighter.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  7. Toby196

Toby196 Fetching a rug.

I definitely recommend the smooth-faced trigger, but I would suggest trying it with a simple $0.25 trigger job before paying the money for a Ghost 5.0 connector. I purchased and tried the Ghost 5.0, and to me, it felt a lot lighter than a 1/2lb difference to the standard Glock connector. In fact it felt just as light (if not a bit lighter) than the "-" connector. In the end, I felt way more comfortable with the stock connector, and switched back.

That's just my personal opinion though. Ideally, it would be best if you could find someone who already has a Ghost, and you could borrow it to test it out yourself.

8. FiremanBob

FiremanBob

The scariest part of the OP is the "going off in my waistband" . Please tell us you don't Mexican or Plaxico carry. That's a basic IQ test. Not using a holster is proof that someone isn't smart enough to own a pistol.

9. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

I'll tell you what works for me on my Gen3, G-19:

First, you said it right when you commented, 'Which helped improve the trigger feel, slightly.' That's about ALL that rounded titanium FP Safety button actually does. I'm presently using one simply because I paid for it; but, I actually prefer the highly polished and radiused standard factory FP Safety button that was originally on the pistol.

I carry a G-19 almost everyday, now, and shoot it several times a week. It's fitted with a smooth-faced G-17 trigger bar, a Lone Wolf 4.5# connector, and Wolff Gunsprings, 'extra-power' 6# striker and trigger springs. The trigger pull is consistently between 4.7 and 5.1#'s with a surprisingly smooth break and strong reset - Not as clean, or quick, a reset as on my G-21's, but, still decent. (I, probably, need to do more rapid fire work with it.)

You should be aware that my action is highly polished; but, I think you'll find the combination of a lighter connector with heavier striker and trigger springs will work out very well for you. It did for me. :)

10. eric2684

eric2684

Yes, I have a holster I use.

11. Duck of Death

Duck of Death

Smooth the target trigger, I did my G 27 trigger and have been shooting it daily for years.

12. GThirtyTwo

GThirtyTwo Amor patriae

I would grab a smooth trigger and a OEM - connector, best combo IMHO.

13. eric2684

eric2684

I just put in a smooth faced glock trigger that I found on ebay. Im very glad with this upgrade, it feels more like a regular pistol trigger, and less like a "safe action" trigger. I think I'll leave the oem connector as well.

14. kashdaddy

kashdaddy Glockaholic

i currently run the smooth-faced trigger, titanium striker, titanium safety plunger, reduce power springs (except the #6 trigger), ghost rocket 3.5lb, match grade barrel, SS recoil rod, ext mag release, ext slide release and a few other mods and this is on my carry G19.

15. kashdaddy

kashdaddy Glockaholic

This thread is worthless with no pics, u said?? okay, here u go - lol:

Attached Files:

• 06.JPG
      06.JPG
      File size:
      57.9 KB
      Views: