Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a Glock 19 (my first and only Glock so far) and I was a dedicated 1911 shooter. When I first got the Glock, I hated the trigger just dry-firing it. I immediately installed a Ghost 3.5 Rocket connector. I fit it with an extra 1/1000" of over-travel just for reliability sake. I loved it. Super smooth trigger pull with no discernable "staging" as with the stock set-up and no over-travel. Very accurate and very fast.

After reading this forum, I decided to install a Glock factory 3.5# connector. I didn't care for it at all. It had the same two stage trigger feel as the stock 5# connector and excessive over-travel. I immediately switched back to the Ghost Rocket.

The Ghost connector also appeared to have a superior finish than the Glock piece.

I am not sure if the difference between the two is only the over-travel stop that the Ghost Rocket has, or if it has something to do with the geometry of the two connectors. Held side by side, the angles of the two appeared identical.

Has anyone else noticed the same in comparison? Does anyone know what accounts for this, or is it just the over-travel?

My personal experience says that the Ghost Rocket is a good piece and I like the method that they use to reduce over-travel: no altering of the frame or screws to back out.

Thanks.

·
Pass the ammo
713 Posts
I have tried quite a few 3.5 connectors.
I bought a Ghost Rocket for my G17 range gun and was so pleased with the results, four of my Glocks have Ghost Rockets now.
If they are installed properly, I think they are the best connector IMHO.

G

·
Tom, you got my attention when you mentioned "Dedicated 1911" shooter. I to have a couple of nice 1911's, and am very familiar with that type of single action trigger pull........and it sounds like we both don't like the factory glock trigger pulls for reason.(??)

My G35 came stock with the factory 3.5 connector, and I just did the .25 trigger job which inproved the feel, but it still "Stages".......but in a more natural and predictable way.

How would you say the Ghost compares with a true single action trigger pull? (Pretty close??)

Thanks,
Rick

·
NRA Life Member
5,409 Posts
Tom and Salvo:

What is the "secret" of getting the Ghost Rocket installed correctly? Frequent measurments?

I butchered my first Ghost Rocket, have a spare, but even with the web sight info, I don't know that I wish to "try again"...

could get $$$ on EBay don't ya know... (grin)

so any words of wisdom would be excellent!

TIA!

·
Pass the ammo
713 Posts
Pierre!
Be sure to get an armorer's orange slide cover plate, that way you can actually see your progress and it makes disassembly so much easier.
Use a small file and keep your cuts square & flat, do not use a Dremel if you want a perfect fit. Take your time and check your progress often, use a flashlight and you will be able to see the firing pin/trigger bar release point, through the bottom of the orange slide plate cover. That will give you an idea how much further you need to go.
After fitting test all safety’s and the trigger with an EMPTY magazine in your Glock. The magazine does exert some upward pressure on the slide, affecting firing pin/trigger bar release.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The resultant trigger is not like a single action trigger ala 1911. It is very good, though, and possibly superior. The trigger pull on my G19 has about 1/2" of travel. It feels very consistent from beginning to break with almost no stacking. I think that it may be a superior trigger for this reason: the 1/2" travel gives me just enough time (a split second) that I am truly surprised when the trigger breaks. I have found that it has eliminated any inclination I have had to PIP (Pre Ignition Push), which occasionally would happen with the 1911 - because I know precisely when the trigger will break. I think the 1911 can produce superior accuracy, if you do your part, while the trigger on my G19 is more forgiving.

I have shot both my 1911 and my G19 on the same IDPA course of fire. Every time I have scored better with the G19. Always faster in raw time and usually more accurate too (no fliers). I am sure that the 9mm vs. .45 ACP plays a part, but not that much.

G

·
Hmmm....

I'm not sure I'd like to be "Surprised" when the trigger breaks :shocked: :)

Since I've done the .25 trigger job, I've found that I like the predictability of the trigger pull now.........I just want it a bit lighter.

Right now I've been shooting my .45 better........but they're both pretty new, so time will tell I guess...

Thanks for the info!

Rick

·
Registered
8 Posts
Tom,

That is the best description of the difference between a good Glock trigger and a good 1911 trigger I have seen. I second your advice about surprise trigger breaks. Every time I shot a clean 25 yard bullseye target I was surprised by all of the shots.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have a ghost rocket on the way.

I also have ordered:
smooth trigger
titanium saftey plunger
back strap plug
Galco IWB holster

And soon to order:

TFO's
storm lake,kkm, or a LWD barrel
ext. mag button
wolff rod and 18# spring
crome slide plate
crome pins

I cant wait to have my glock all customized!:smoking: :smoking:

·
Registered
992 Posts
I first installed a Ghost Rocket in my G19. I loved it!

I recently purchased a G34 with the Glock 3.5 connector. I couldn't wait to get rid of it and replace it with the Rocket.

This time I went all out and replaced the stock springs with the Wolf reduced springs from Ghost. SMOOOOTH!:hearts:

Dave

G

·
It's funny how folks opinions differ. I have installed hundreds of connectors. The one that I will not use is the Ghost.
The following problems are what I have noticed.
1. Very stiff slide action without either bending the connector or trimming the ear.
2. Several guns have doubled after installing the Ghost.
3. Heavier trigger pull than the Glock/Scherer 3.5.
IMO the Ghost should really be called a 4.0 lb connector. You will get a little shorter pull, but at the cost of a heavier one. If you want a pull between a stock 5.5 and a 3.5 just alter the trigger bar nose a little. No need to buy a connector.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Originally posted by Joe D
It's funny how folks opinions differ. I have installed hundreds of connectors. The one that I will not use is the Ghost.
The following problems are what I have noticed.
1. Very stiff slide action without either bending the connector or trimming the ear.
2. Several guns have doubled after installing the Ghost.
3. Heavier trigger pull than the Glock/Scherer 3.5.
IMO the Ghost should really be called a 4.0 lb connector. You will get a little shorter pull, but at the cost of a heavier one. If you want a pull between a stock 5.5 and a 3.5 just alter the trigger bar nose a little. No need to buy a connector.
I too was not thrilled with the Ghost Rocket 3.5 although I never had doubling but did have the heavier trigger pull compared to the Glock OEM. I much prefer now the new Lone Wolf (slimmed down, new design) 3.5 conector that a lot of us are talking about in the GT Accessories forum. It is what I now have installed in my G23.

·
Registered
136 Posts
i think I might try the LWD or the schere 3.5 # connectors out. This ghost rocket is good ( for Trigger travel) but now I am not too sure if It lightens the pull much at all. This was my first connector so I have no others to comepare it to except the stock 5.5 which I think is a little smother and crisper.:upeyes:

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Originally posted by Billy G
i think I might try the LWD or the schere 3.5 # connectors out. This ghost rocket is good ( for Trigger travel) but now I am not too sure if It lightens the pull much at all. This was my first connector so I have no others to comepare it to except the stock 5.5 which I think is a little smother and crisper.:upeyes:
Billy, check it out:

http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=602530

I think the new LW 3.5 is the way to go for pure drop-in simplicity and performance. 'Can easily do double-duty for range and carry. Either that or stick with the 5.5 lb. OEM connector. Shoot and equip the gun as it was designed - to be a premier, defensive/combat weapon not a match grade trophy piece. Want to shoot the eye lash off a flea at 50 yards, get another gun. It's Glock's unparalled reliability that sets it apart from other guns. Don't try to turn it into something that it is not. My 2 centavos. Enjoy.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I too use a Ghost Trigger Bar. I did not install mine myself. I had someone else do it and have had no problems with it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am completely new to Glock, I actually prefer my 1911 and the STI 2011 tactical 40 for competition but the 1911'a are all tricked out with 2 pound triggers, recoil reduction using light springs, titanium guide rods and the whole gamut of tweeks to give better performance for USPSA matches. All my problems with Glock is the awful trigger pull, its disgusting but I am comparing it to cut sear and hammer hooks, crisp 1911 trigger jobs which is wrong to do but I like my light triggers. For carry I have the glock setup at 6.5 pounds out the box. Being I am a 1911 guy this is hard and I know very little about installing the ghost so what am I in for?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.