Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
11,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
37,418 Posts
The politicians won't care until they get voted out of office.

My bet is Washington is like California. As long as you have power in the DNC you can stay as long as you want.

·
Registered
25,091 Posts
The politicians won't care until they get voted out of office.

My bet is Washington is like California. As long as you have power in the DNC you can stay as long as you want.
Yep. And all they campaign in is the 3 counties that control the state.

·
Registered
38,289 Posts
"Law Enforcement is deeply concerned that some policing reforms may have had unintended outcomes"

Are they, though? Are they really unintended by some politicians and activists? :unsure:

It was totally predictable that criminal behavior would become increasingly emboldened when criminals saw that the activists demanding, and politicians agreeing with, the de-policing movement was not only hampering LE from enforcing the law, but was making strides in creating punitive sanctions for police regarding contacting, pursuing and apprehend criminal suspects. Then, the courts started kicking them out more quickly, and 'bail reform' started gaining traction.

The criminals saw what was happening quickly enough. It was the Public who seemingly didn't understand (or wish to understand?) what conditions were being created that would embolden criminal acts and violence, and hamstringing their LE from doing anything about it.

Why would anyone want to stay working in areas where LE was being hit from both sides, meaning both the criminals and the local governments/officials? Move on where quality of working conditions, political support and the courts make it more conducive to doing effective police work.

Leave the activists and politicians to deal with the belated Public fallout, complaints and inevitable fear. Send in the mental health first responders and community organizers & violence interrupters to deal with the Public's complaints and perceptions of increasing violent crime, which was needed in order to make sure social justice equity is achieved. :rolleyes:

The pendulum has a long arc and slow swing, and the Public is going to have to realize they want Public safety to be able to work to actually provide safety for the general Public. The pragmatist and pessimist in me suspects we're going to see reduced taxes, inflation going back to pre-election levels and the return of actual economic growth and prosperity for Americans sooner than the powers-that-be, their donors and the vocal activists are going to let LE get back about its business. Now sure it that's going to happen under progressive leadership, though. :whistle:

Anyone who can retire from LE ... do it. Do it now. Move to where it's safer, if possible ... and where your retirement dollars go farther ... and where LE is supported and appreciated by the Public, instead of being attacked every time you turn around.

In the best Demolition Man manner ... Be Well, and Have a Peachy Day Citizen ... :p

·
Registered
9,937 Posts
Half the people watching that ad have their “BLM” posters ready to go the next time some fascist pig kills a valuable member of the community.

You can retract all you want. I ain’t buying it.

You spoke. I listened.

Reactions: CAcop and GPalmer

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
The Dems might be in trouble in November. They passed two separate bills that will raise the state gas tax by close to another dollar. Usually they phase it in over time...not this time.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Yep. And all they campaign in is the 3 counties that control the state.
King and Snohomish county are probably a lock. Pierce county has been fighting back. They tried to bail on ST3 but fancy footwork in the courts locked them in also.
I don't have to worry about their monkey business any more since we moved to AZ.

Reactions: pgg00

·
Registered
25,091 Posts
The Dems might be in trouble in November. They passed two separate bills that will raise the state gas tax by close to another dollar. Usually they phase it in over time...not this time.
Hopefully. But how many people are still ignorant and have no idea that is coming.

Reactions: GPalmer
1 - 12 of 12 Posts