Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Complete package right out of the box including co-witness suppressor night sights. If anyone has any experience with the X compact RXP or even the X compact, please share your experience.

I've come to the point now where the 365XL replaced my 43X, and the RXP might be a nice addition.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Went to the range the other day and rented a Sig P320 X Carry. It's not quite the same as the RXP X-Compact, but the grip is close.

It was a really sweet shooter. Nice trigger, soft shooting and I shot it well with just plain sights. Thing was filthy as hell but ran flawlessly. My vision sucks and I need a dot but shooting this has convinced me my next purchase is the RXP X-Compact :)

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
I'm very mixed about the p320's over time and do not favor the newer p320 models . I have a pair of 5.5 years old early production p320 40sw compact and full size that I complained about the 6.5lb trigger and asked for favorable trigger job during the "update " a few years ago . Got then back with a little under 5.5lbs . Not as lite as the x triggers but smoother and crisper than even the x series trigger . So they did good there .

I'm 64 and wear trifocals figuring I would need and optics ready pistol down the road and I got a deal for our LGS but I did not find it to be as good a general shooter when compared to my early compact you know , when the had a 3.9" barrel !! I sold the XC and recop'd my money even less ammo fired .

For me sigs has made too many changes far often for some to keep up with like not so great chamber support early models did not suffer from like the XC I had , dropping cartridge choices from all but the nitron compact and full , Heck even the optic will fit over the last couple years change from the different sized romeos and what other brands fit fit what model instead of offering adaptor plates like M&P with the CORE series does with 7 plate on the 2.0 model . Then letting use be beta testers !!

To many really good optic ready models now for me to mess with another P320 .

But that just my option . many guys have a whole fleet of p320's and are die hard siggly fan boys . Now I Like the p365xl so far and my wife laid claim to one as her new edc so I got my Kimber ultra 9mm back .

You might want to check out CZ p10 series , 3 sizes optic ready m&p new 2.0 core , fn and a number of others . Anyhow take you time , try as many as you can before getting all excited over the p320 of the moment .

·
1,968 Posts
I’ve got a couple of the P320 X-Compact pistols. One with a Leupold DPP and one with no optic. I really like them. They both shoot great and are no trouble to carry. My only issue with Sigs is they tend to be a little chunky.

Here are some pics...

53949E89-4B8F-4732-9820-791E1128359B.jpeg
3B526486-4411-4938-A7E8-0DBFAD837D83.jpeg
601B2976-62F4-4CEE-A2B9-D342BBADA49D.jpeg
4337D2FF-31A0-40E7-BA66-F1781E1AE2BE.jpeg

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You might want to check out CZ p10 series , 3 sizes optic ready m&p new 2.0 core , fn and a number of others . Anyhow take you time , try as many as you can before getting all excited over the p320 of the moment .
I actually had a CZ P10 and didn't care for it. I am also not a fan of the M&P. I did have a FN 509 which I really liked but broke the firing pin during dry fire. I never got to shoot a live round through it, but sent it back to the LGS. If anything I am a Glock fanboy, but my EDC is the 365XL and now this RXP X-Compact has my interest. I love the modular concept and definitely prefer Sig triggers.

Nice pics A-Train!

I also agree that Sigs are a bit chunky, except for my 365XL :)

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
I don't have an X-Compact.
The grip is a little too small for my XL mitts.
I do however, have an X-Five (full size) built from "parts".
It is a fantastic pistol that is so easy to shoot accurately.

It is good that you are mentioning RXP and not RX.
RX is the earlier design (see above pic) that has the combo sight plate.
It has no rear dovetail and the screws come up from inside the slide.
Both undesirable features.

With RXP, SIG milled it for Romeo1 Pro (better sight than Romeo1), Delta Point Pro and they put a rear dovetail on it.
Also the plate screws install from the top down.
So with RXP (and Professional Series) SIG fixed some issues and future-proofed the slide.
And if that's not enough, some of the latest slides are being drilled and tapped for RMR !

I would say, go for the RXP with Romeo1 Pro.

DD
Whose jealous Glocks are all making calls looking for apartments.

ETA:
For P320 there are aftermarket trigger (and sear) options that can result in the best
striker-fired trigger that you ever pulled.
We are talking range guns.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
well heck buy the sig and hope your a happy boy . I've tried a few glocks over the years and do not care for them but then I'm not a fan boy of any brand with 8 different brands of handguns but manage to keep at least one 1911 around for the last 43 years .

·
Registered
251 Posts
I’ve got an X-Compact in 9mm. After 16 years of Glocks, I much prefer this pistol over the G19. Much better ergonomics and trigger. That cannot be overstated. Night sights come stock. While the bore axis is higher, I shoot it very well.

Dunno if I’d try a red dot, but it’s nice to have the option. I think you should get one. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
1,968 Posts
I didn’t need the Sig optic since I already had A couple DPP’s laying around, and I wanted to leave one XCompact without an optic for easier concealed carry and didn’t want the higher cowitnessing sights. Just my preference. Can’t really go wrong either way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts