Getting that smooth pull on glock 43.

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Gcorr003, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Gcorr003

Gcorr003

I would like to know how I can get that "3.5 ghost connector with the ny1 trigger spring" feel on my glock 43.. Basically getting rid of the weight change on the trigger but with the 5lb weight or something like that. I just want it to feel like my glock 19 with the above mentioned trigger set up.

2. 42 lover

42 lover

I did a sanding and polish job on mine using 1500 grit sandpaper and dremel with 3.5 ghost edge connector and reduced power spring in striker safety plunger.alot lighter pull,very smooth and crisp

3. Lowjiber

Lowjiber

I just had the 3.5 Ghost Trigger "set" installed in my EDC Glock 26 along with a polish job. I picked it up from the gunsmith yesterday and ran two hundred rounds thru it this morning. Smooth as silk and zero misfires.

4. PetePerfection

PetePerfection

I like the wall then break trigger on a glock. Not mushy and smooth.

yep380 and t4terrific like this.
  5. t4terrific

t4terrific

Yes. Predictable and consistent. That's what I like.

yep380 likes this.
  6. 153

Just shooting the pistol will smooth it up a lot ... be patient!

tic-tok-GLOCK likes this.
  7. curtmini14

curtmini14

ghost connecter and a 4.5 striker spring and a little polish on the trigger bar awards you with a very smooth and predictable trigger .

Cali.Glock and Lowjiber like this.
  8. battousai

battousai

Agreed

Please allow close to 1,000 rounds to see if the trigger smooths out or see if you get over it.

I distinctly remember the "moment" my Glock 19 Gen 4 trigger broke in. It was mid way through a magazine when my trigger pull went from crunchy gritty stock terribleness to just being smooth with the ability to feel all the over travel post wall and follow through on the break.

I used to be the guy who always tried to "buy" accuracy or a better trigger. Unless you are competing or this gun is a project gun where the hair trigger counts for something it IMHO isn't worth it.

9. tic-tok-GLOCK

tic-tok-GLOCK

I simply polished the trigger bar...installed the Ghost connector with the APEX shoe.

[​IMG]

HUGE difference, the break is sooner & lighter....about 4.5 lbs.

Aslan likes this.
  10. ShootingRooster

ShootingRooster These are Great Times for Gun Owners!

I'd say my 750 round trigger job has worked out well. Just shoot lots and you'll be surprised how nice that trigger will smooth out.

TNRonin likes this.
  11. battousai

battousai

Good shooting. You still have some technique to work on but overall you are being consistent it seems.

12. LTGro

LTGro

I settled on an Edge connector along with the Overwatch Falx trigger bar set up. 4.75 - 5 lb with a shortened take up and overtravel and a clean wall.

13. Hyperbolic

Hyperbolic

I often read those comments saying that shooting a good bit of ammo will do the same thing as a 25 cent trigger job. Because of my recent experience, I don't think it does. Now, I'm not saying that shooting a good bit of rounds doesn't help, but rather that it doesn't do the same thing as a 25 cent trigger job.

I recently got a well-used G33 in a trade. The trigger pull felt a little rough, so I went ahead and did a 25 cent trigger job on it. And guess what? The trigger pull got quite noticeably smoother. I didn't examine the wear surface under a microscope before and after, but results are results.

edited: I did detail strip the gun and thoroughly cleaned every single part before noticing that the trigger pull was still rough, so the removal of grit, etc. was not a factor in my results.

tic-tok-GLOCK likes this.
  14. yep380

yep380

My stock GLOCK 43 trigger pull is a hair under 5 pounds. It's consistent, has a distinct break and tactile reset. I've probably 500 rounds through it?

It's a small defensive carry pistol; leave it stock, use stock mags and don't mod it til it stops working.

15. LTGro

LTGro

I agree with Hyperbolic. Although repeated cycling will eventually tend to smooth the action, it would take quite a few cycles to duplicate what can be done with a good polish job. It's so easy, why suffer through the endless poor trigger rounds before you get an action you like?

16. kme

kme

I agree a good polish job provides more than repeated use of the pistol.

I had several thousand rounds through my G3 19 before I performed the $0.25 trigger job. Considerably smoother trigger after polishing the internals. After installing the Glock “-“ connector and 5 lb striker spring my 19 has a very nice trigger.

I polished my 43 but left the connector and striker spring stock. I shoot the 43 accurately out to 15 yards so I did not feel the need to tinker with it and further.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. heavyduty

heavyduty

I left my 43 FCG stock and simply did a light polish, the trigger is great.