getting started & Conyers match

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by legacy38, Sep 27, 2005.

1. legacy38

legacy38 Millennium Member

I bought a NIB G19 last week. I'll be passing through Conyers on Saturday, and I might stop off to try out the GSSF.

I'd appreciate info as to the equipment I will need for the match and how much ammo is needed. Also, inofrmation on the classes/divisions and such would be helpful.

I have no knowledge of the GSSF other than what I saw in a Shooting Gallery episode about it.

2. mike from philly

mike from philly

Bring what you got and roughly 250 rounds/class (I think you only need 125 but I always bring double in order to handle re-shoots - Murphy's Law - Besides Ammo Is Cheap).

You'll need to ask someone to load your mags while you shoot since you only have 2. Not a big deal. Everyone will be happy to help.

Hint .... be sure to tell the RO you are a new shooter. They'll walk you through the process and coach you.

3. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

If you look at web site: www.gssfonline.com you will find tons of info including rule, cost, categories, guns allowed for each category, new shooters briefing, and tons of other info.

4. Terminator

Terminator

Thats the same place where is first saw info on GSSF!!!!

Anyways welcome aboard. The info you need can be found at www.gssfonline.com

read the rukes section carefully. The matches are super fun, and the people are the greatest bunch youll meet anywhere. Its funny you mentioned shooting gallery. I was just telling Fireglock how that was how i became interested in GSSF myself. WOW thats a coincidence.

Ammo: Bring at least 150 rounds for each category you plan to compete in.

equipment: If possible you need at least 4 mags to help form reloading so much. For the plates you have to shoot 4 strings so youll need one mag per string. of course more mags are better.
    You need either your factory case or a range bag for transport of your gun per the rules.

other than that just plan on having a ton of fun, and meeting plenty of new friends. ;F

5. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

You might think about introducing yourself to someone who's a member when you get to registration; then both of you can sign the sheet for the "bring a new member raffle"; perhaps that person would squire you around the match. Also, eye & ear protection and don't be bashful about telling the Range Officers that you're a first-time GSSF shooter.

Plan to spend the day & enjoy yourself. For most GSSF shooters, the Conyers shoot is kinda like "the Open" in some other sports - except that it's still open to anyone who can walkup with their Glock.
    ^c

Have fun; shoot safely.

;?

6. onemangang

onemangang

Anyone want to sign in with me for the "bring a new member" deal?
    I'm in the first squad Friday and plan on being there early on Saturday.
    I'm so new I don't even have my card yet.

7. mike from philly

mike from philly

email sent. I'll be there Fri morning and we can see if you qualify as New. If so, we both get entered in the new member drawing.

8. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

New is simply someone who's not a current member of GSSF. It's easy. He fills in the sheet, with his entry number after registering and then you fill in your part of the signup sheet with your info & entry number (if you're shooting multiple entries, just one of them will do). Hope one of you picks up a gun! Had a blast taking my kids around Oakdale this year; reminded me what I like about GSSF. ;f

Reminder: $10 walkup fee is waived if you're joining or renewing at a match.