Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you found the PERFECT conceal carry firearm for you? One that doesn't have the "But" factored in? I will use myself as an prime example. I would buy then sell, sell then buy. All while losing thousands trying to find the perfect gun. From $1300 Legions to $300 Caniks I've owned them all. Trust me. Lol. It was always "this gun feels great BUT it's to heavy. This gun is comfortable to carry BUT I don't like the trigger. I like the trigger BUT I don't like the grip." There's always a BUT. Some pistols I kept because it worked flawlessly. But finding the perfect EDC was a pain. Finally the M&P 2.0 compact came along and oh wow. IMO there isn't a single thing to BUT about this pistol. Right out of the box, the changeable backstraps, the perfect grip stipulations, the new and improved trigger system, good sights, excellent weight distribution, small/light enough to carry comfortably yet big enough to fight with. I've ran this pistol so hot I couldn't place my thumb on the takedown lever in the thumbs forward position; yet nothing melted and it continued to functioned flawlessly. I now have 2 of them and finally found my PERFECT EDC. No BUT's. Lol. Have you?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I get the buts all the time...... I get the buts mostly when I got to spend more then I want, knowing I can get something similar for a cheaper price....

No solution. Just flip a coin, my 2 cents...

The M&P series is phenomenal

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I have two guns that I consider having no "buts" - my SIG P226 Legion and my HK VP9SK. Both are flawless right out of the box, and I've shot the crap out of them without a single hiccup.

·
I don't even know....what I'm doing here....
9,410 Posts
The main trick is to listen to your gut feeling when you first pick one up. How does it feel? How does it point? Can you manipulate the controls without too much adjustment?

The next is to assure yourself that it's reliable by way of actually shooting it. Can you go 100 rounds accurately, without a failure to feed or fire? Is a holster available? (A hint on the holster: look at the good stuff, close your eyes and spend the big money. It's worth it. Really.)

The last step, after you buy one is the hardest: Get off the internet and searching for confirmation of your purchase. You'll find people that don't agree with your pick in ample abundance. It's typical. People that aren't happy, bich about it. And they do it long and loud. Don't listen to them. For you're situation they're wrong, plain and simple.

For example, I've owned three Glock 19's. Over the years, I allowed myself to get talked into buying a gun that simply doesn't work for me. I finally purchased a CZ P-07 because it just felt right. It rides in a Kramer scabbard holster, and I carry it comfortably and confidently. One big reason for that (other than the fact that it's just a great piece) is that I simply don't care if anyone agrees with me or not. It works for me, and I'm good with that. No more searching.

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
I dont think there is one gun that fit all the requirements for the perfect conceal carry gun. What works for one won't work for others because of size (person/firearm/caliber/magazine/etc). Whereas I might feel comfortable on my back 40 today with my 5 shot S&W, I wouldn't feel comfortable with downtown. I think the answer is not to keep trading them in. They all have their purpose. Don't trade anymore guns! Start collecting them all...

·
Registered
13,337 Posts
Good post by the OP.

Re the new M&P 2.0s, I have a 5" barreled M&P9 2.0 that is all of 2 days old. Love the feel in the hand, very happy with the trigger, FDE color is a nice change from black or black & stainless. Was very eager to go to the range tomorrow but this morning is 30 with 25mph wind, and tomorrow may be worse. Not much of a day to enjoy a new gun.

On a more positive note, my local gunsmith sold my "one day on the range and cleaning joke" aka a Remington R51 for me. Lost about $50 but could care less. 10X harder to disassemble and reassemble than any handgun I've ever used. You need very strong hands and fingers that are work hardened and caloused to deal with that b***h. HAPPY it is GONE, particularlly since Remington seems headed to bankruptcy. Don

·
NRA Benefactor
5,784 Posts
Everything I have is a compromise. The closest ones are the J frames and the Shield so far. I pocket carry so I have to take that into consideration.

·
Banned
3,808 Posts
Like most relationships it has more to do with commitment, and less to do with buts. You can and will always find a but until you stop looking for them.

Glad to hear you have found something and you do not feel the need to look for the but.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
No such thing as a perfect EDC. Everything about an EDC is a compromise. A Glock 26 comes really close for me. Close enough that I stopped looking. But there are plenty here would say get that brick away from me.

Reactions: Old Buzzard 74

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
I settled on "by far good enough" on a couple of guns, one that I can pocket carry when I can't really carry IWB. These things get sweated on, they get holster wear, and they're just generally abused in comparison to a safe queen. Obviously, they have to be reliable, and I need to be able to shoot them well enough. I use the Ruger SR9c that I carry for IDPA, and I don't feel like the gun is really holding me back. It fits me well, and so I can recommend it to anyone who is my clone. Everyone else will need to go out and find something that works for them. OP, it sounds like you found what works for you, congrats!

·
****** Viejo
30,461 Posts
I'd like to get a M&P 2.0 BUT don't want to get rid of my Shield or SD9VE. I don't need three 9mm pistols either. I guess I'll just stick with these two and LCP-I improved and my J-frames. tom. :cowboy:

Reactions: Old Buzzard 74
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.