close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Getting my password

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by Herdsman76, May 19, 2006.

1. Herdsman76

Herdsman76

Howdy,

I have been trying to get my password via e-mail and I have yet to receive a response. Te reason I wanbt it is so that I can access it from my work computer. How long does it take to receive my password? Or is there something I need to do differently?

Thank you.

Herdsman76

2. Herdsman76

Herdsman76

Sorry for the typos...

3. c-mama

c-mama Moderator

I'm going to move this to the Support Forum, so the Admins can see it as one of them will be able to answer your question.

4. Eddie C.

Eddie C. Administrator Moderator CLM

Hi Herdsman76,
    The Administrators can't email you your password. We don't know it. Only you do, hopefully. We can help you change your password. What I normally do is go to the Administrator panel and clear your old password, which is invisible to us, then type in a new one. You then can go in and change it to whatever you want.

Let's say you forgot your password. You write us and we go in and type a new one such as 'changeme' (without the quotes of course) or some other mutually agreeable name. Then when you can access your name and control panel, you can go back in and change it to something only you will know.

I have done this numerous times, as have Eric and Patricia, for members who have been away for an extended period of time, and may have forgotten their password altogether, and can't get into their Glock Talk account.

Hope this helps.

Eddie C.

5. Herdsman76

Herdsman76

Howdy Eddie,

THanks for your help. es I would like to change the password. You mentioned writing you so that we can come up with one I can change.

Where do I write you at? (e-mail addy)

6. Eddie C.

Eddie C. Administrator Moderator CLM