close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Getting my ejection problem fixed

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Stefan, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Stefan

Stefan

So, like a lot of people, my new Glock 17 gen 3 constantly throws casings in my face. I have tried different ammunition and I know that my grip is fine. After reading about all the problems here I expected to have a battle with Glock to get it fixed. But so far my experience is not like what I have read here. Perhaps the new year has brought some changes. So, I called Glock and explained to the tech my problem. He didn't question me at all regarding ammo or my grip. After I told him I had a gen 3, he said that they would send the gen 4 ejector to my local glock armorer and they could install it. So I don't have to deal with shipping! Anyway, we'll see if this fixes the problem. If so, then I guess things are improving.

Stefan

2. Ftttu

Ftttu

That's really good to hear. I wasn't going to go out of my way with my "brass to the face" problem but if it will be that easy, I may be making a call soon. Thanks for the information.

3. toofman

toofman

The man on television told me to ask my doctor about my ejection dysfunction.

4. Stefan

Stefan

Yeah, I thought you guys would appreciate the subject :)

5. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

Danny is that part on the list of gen4 parts that don't interchange with gen 1.2.or3?

6. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

The 28926 ejector fixed the ejection in my Gen3 G27, so if it's on the non-interchangeable parts list it shouldn't be. Several people sent their Gen3 9mm's back to Glock and received them back with 30274 ejectors.

If the new ejector doesn't fix it, keep the new ejector in the gun and try a new extractor. The newest extractors can fit too tight and unless you have one that moves freely enough, using the new ejector won't do any good.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  7. mizer67

mizer67

Prior to the invention of the 30274 ejectors, I installed a LWD extractor and it greatly improved my ejection pattern.

You could also try filing a 336 ejector. Cutting it back and adding a ~15 degree "up" angle helped mine.

8. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

Your LWD extractor was likely a .40 extractor. When LWD first started selling them, they had the 9mm and .40 extractors mixed up with each other, so people who ordered one actually got the other. They've since fixed it, LWD extractors that have a "3" marking are for 9mm and extractors that have a "4" marking are for .40. I'll bet yours is marked with a 4.

Everyone who's tried a LWD 9mm "3" marked extractor has seen their ejection become worse.

9. RiverRat5.0

RiverRat5.0

Keep us up to date on the new part. I am interested.

10. Anthony.L

Anthony.L

The Gen4 "30274" ejector fixed my brand new (11/21/11) G34 Gen3. Combined with a reduced power recoil spring and the ejection is now perfect. Out of the box I got hit in the face with brass.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  11. Stefan

Stefan

Update: still waiting for the fix. Took my gun to the shop about a week after they said they would order it. I figured I would still have use of the gun while the part shipped. But when I brought it there they said they would call in for the part the next day. Apparently Glock won't send it unless the shop actually has the gun in hand. Kind of wish the shop would have let me know that. So, hopefully soon.

Stefan

12. Bruce M

Bruce M

This is true. When they order the part they have to hold the Glock in question right next to the phone. It's not like they can write down the
    serial number on a piece of paper or anything.

13. Stefan

Stefan

So I got my gun back today. They told me at the shop that they took the gun to the range to test it and all the casings went to the right. So, I get it home and just about all the casings hit me on the chest or arm. This was nearly 100 rounds. This is worse than it was before the new extractor. Now I really don't know what to do. I tried everything from a limp wristed grip to a strangling grip and everything in between. One handed and two handed. Please give me some advice.

Stefan

14. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

So, the part that was replaced was the ejector? The new ejector should have 30274 stamped on it, the old one should've had 336 stamped on it.
    [​IMG]

If the ejection is worse with the new ejector, that probably means the extractor is too tight and should be replaced. The extractor you'd want is the 9mm LCI extractor.

You could have a local Glock Armorer change the extractor, or you could buy one and install it yourself. It'd be cheaper to find a local gun store that has Glock 9mm LCI extractors, but you could also order one from an online retailer. You need a small punch like a 3/32 inch punch to disassemble the slide and change the extractor.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV0wDDFV0NY"]Glock Detail Strip And Reassembly (IN HD) - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  15. Made in Austria

Made in Austria

I am sorry to hear that. Looks like those guys lied straight into your face. Kinda normal these days.

When you said "This is worse than it was before the new extractor" did you mean the extractor, or the ejector? If you meant the ejector then I am not surprised that it's still not ejecting properly, mine didn't either because the extractors were out of spec. I would try an different stock extractor or an LWD extractor. Replacing the extractor was the fix for my gen4 guns.

16. bentbiker

bentbiker

Your first post talked about them sending out the new ejector. Now you are talking about a new extractor. I'm guessing they sent the ejector (did you look inside to see if you now have a 30274?) and you really need the new extractor. Does your extractor have the dip in the top edge?

Edit: Just realized I'm late to the party. Voyager and MiA beat me to the punch.

17. Stefan

Stefan

Obviously I am confusing terminology here. But Glock sent the part they felt I needed based on the problem I was having. Yes, mine does have the new serial number mentioned from this thread. How is it possible that the guys at the gun shop and I get very different results? I am fairly confident I am holding the gun correctly. We could have been using different ammo.

Stefan

18. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

go watch them shoot you gun

if their results are different from yours

get some lessons.

Or you can try this have someone else load your magazine with at least 2 dummy rounds mixed in with the regular ammo.

Shoot the rounds and when you hit a dummy round you will be able to see if you are doing something that is causing your problem.

19. Stefan

Stefan

I have some dummy rounds. I have taken a lesson and my instructor watched me while he saw casings hitting me. He couldn't see anything wrong with what I was doing.

20. bentbiker

bentbiker

If it does, you should request a new extractor.