Getting into hunting

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by EZFLY80, Jun 17, 2005.

1. EZFLY80

EZFLY80

So I went boar hunting for the first time last year and have been wanting to go again ever since! I want to hunt anything and everything and Ive got the means to do it (bow, long guns, shotguns, handgun, etc.) Anyway, im just starting so i dont really even know the fist thing about finding a place to go, licenses, fees, etc. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it, preferably in the gainesville/central florida area. Thanks

2. noway

noway

as fars info check out myfwc.com site. It's pretty good and cover all requirements for FL. Then find some folks and trust me you have alot of folks in your area that hunts, to help you out. The central area has some of the best prime area for hunting vrs the lower SE or SW quarters.

get out and check the areas and learn the animal(s). You will learn more from jumping in then you will ever get from being online or reading a magazine. besafe and ahev fun and you wil become very successfull.

justmy 2 cts opinions.

3. f1b32oPTic

f1b32oPTic R4d104c71v3

that basically sums it up.

the amount of time you spend in the woods will give you your opportunities at game and it is proportional. now you just have to be keen with your gun or bow to make the shot confidently... just remember that your game may only give you about 2-3 seconds for a well placed shot

4. bustedknee

bustedknee The Snowflakes have invaded GT

5. robwebbg22

robwebbg22 DeOppressoLiber

State hunting game management people park rangers etc.... are great sources of information. Did you boar hunt with dogs???? Guys down here LOVE it!! Squirrell hunting is a lot of fun an you can do some deer scouting at the same time. Plus squirrell gumbo is great.

6. EZFLY80

EZFLY80

No dogs, but I would like to get my american bulldog out to chase a few.

7. jhokie

jhokie

Hey EZFLY80, I'm in Florida and want to get into hunting myself. I only have a pistol now, but within a couple months I was going to buy an AKM, which I should hopefully be able to hunt deer and/or hogs with.

I'm in Tampa, you live anywhere near here? I'd love to get started hog hunting, but I have no clue where to begin.