close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Getting into bowhunting

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by onemilmhz, Oct 14, 2003.

1. onemilmhz

onemilmhz Ten Ninety Five

I have been thinking about getting a bow outfit for a few seasons now. I was talking to a friend who bow hunts the other day and turns out he bought a nice rig a few seasons ago he no longer wants. It has a 29" draw on it and he's a little guy. He told me for my size (6'1" 195lbs) that it should work well for me. I don't remember the exact model but the bow is a Browning. He said he paid over $400 for the setup two years ago and never used it much. He'll sell it to me for $150 if I want it. I was just wondering where I can do a little research online, as far as ratings, prices, user opinions and the like. I'd also like to get some bowhunting info in general as well. Anyone know of any good sites? Anything I should know before getting started?

2. Sixgun_Symphony

Sixgun_Symphony NRA4EVR

Browning makes good equipment and your friend is practically giving it away to you for $150. So don't go looking at a gift horse in the mouth.

That Browning bow set up will be fine, you just got to really got to get out there and practice with it.

3. Bruz

Bruz

Odds are the bow will be fine, but it is important to get measured to see if the bow fits you...your draw may be more or less, depending on the poundage of the bow and your strength the bow may be useless to you.

Check out http://forums.eders.com/ubb/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi , read all the posts and you will soon be an "expert" on the ends and outs...being an expert on consistantly hirtting the vitals may take a life time however! Practice, practice, practice before you hunt if you want to be an ethical hunter. ;)

4. freakshow10mm

freakshow10mm 10mm Advocate

5. DWavs

DWavs Moderator Moderator

Yep...the GlockTalk of bows. :)