Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work in the transportation industry. Until the last few weeks we have have been working like crazy. In the last week, volume has dropped of significantly. So my wonderful employer is taking advantage of the paycheck protection program.

Instead of laying people off, there is a rotating schedule of folks who take an 8 week furlough. During this time you get state unemployment, plus a federal match. Company pays for your insurance and benefits while you are out. You job is protected. The only conditions are you must report back to early if required. As in come to work Monday when we call you, cant get another job during this time.

So I am going to be catching up on home improvement projects, and reloading like never before. Aint life good

·
Banned
600 Posts
I like those kind of deal. I worked in pipe trades so work a lot of overtime with crazy hours then when things get caught up or near job finish I take long time off. Only way I could get things done when work 12+ 7days.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I work in the transportation industry. Until the last few weeks we have have been working like crazy. In the last week, volume has dropped of significantly. So my wonderful employer is taking advantage of the paycheck protection program.

Instead of laying people off, there is a rotating schedule of folks who take an 8 week furlough. During this time you get state unemployment, plus a federal match. Company pays for your insurance and benefits while you are out. You job is protected. The only conditions are you must report back to early if required. As in come to work Monday when we call you, cant get another job during this time.

So I am going to be catching up on home improvement projects, and reloading like never before. Aint life good
I’m in the same boat. Different industry though. About 3 weeks now. I finished remodeling the master bed and bath. Freshened up my brides laundry room,and today installed hardware floors in my gun room. Another week and I’ll be out of projects.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts