Glock Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After work today i will be making a trek to philly area for a deal i made for a used pistol. Ill be getting my 2nd 1911, RIA full size tac in 9mm. I have been wanting a Rock Island for quite some time and found a deal with a private sale. Im looking forward to practicing with the 1911 in 9mm. Anyone else have one? What do you think?

Perhaps one day ill save for a more expensive 1911 but im a shooter on a budget so the Rock Island fits my current means at the moment. Ill let you know how things go and post some pics and then a range report.

· Registered
3,349 Posts
I have one and it is great in the accuracy and function departments. Have over 500 rounds through it and it has never malfunctioned. Most of the rounds have been my reloads. You will be pleased with your choice.

· Registered
330 Posts
I have a RIA GI in 9mm with approx. 500 rounds through it. It is picky about magazines, but with the right ones is 100 per cent. Great range gun. Coincidently it was purchased at Kings which is 8 miles from me. Convenient, but hard on the wallet.

· Registered
272 Posts
I have two. A compact tactical model with wide slide serrations and a full size tactical model with front and rear wide slide serrations, fiber optic front sight and LPA adjustable rear sight.

I love both of mine. The factory mags I received with both of mine (metalform) have all functioned well, and that is all I have ordered for them. The full size GI I used to have was using MecGar 1911 9mm mags and it ran 100% on those. I am getting ready to order additional mags since I only have the mags the guns came with (5 for the compact and 3 for the full size)

For the cost I am finding them at (around $20 each) I think I will be sticking with the metalform mags for mine as they work perfectly, and $20 for a mag that works in the gun isn't too bad for a 1911. I have owned more expensive 45acp 1911s that would only feed properly from Wilson mags that were costing me nearly $40 each.

· Banned
25,596 Posts
Got a Tac II from Davidson's at Shot Show. Bought some Metalform mags and went out to the range. Lubed it before shooting and it ran like a top. Accurate soft shooter with no issues with the gun or magazines.

Enjoy it, you'll like it.

· INFRINGED
41,924 Posts
I bought a 1911 in 9mm. I am sold on it, though I have not shot it yet. I have high hopes for it, as a dual 9mm/.38 Super platform.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.