close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Getting a Glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Turtle Guy, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Turtle Guy

Turtle Guy Elder Statesman

I have decided to buy a G26 after evaluating a few others (Kahr PM9 for example). I told my son to order one for me in case he can get a military discount. I talked to a SWAT officer who carries a Glock, and he said they loved them. They can get wet, dropped, run over—and they still fire. That was a deal clincher for me. I want a reliable sub-compact.

This forum has been very helpful. I hope to get my G26 in a few weeks, but it may take longer since my son is out on long training exercises all the time. My Walther P22 will continue to be my practice gun.

Anyway, I plan to get tritium sights on it, and based on the recommendations that I have read here, I will get GAP finger rests and Hogue Handall grip sleeves to start off.

Am I forgetting anything for my basic G26 setup? I am thinking of an Alessi ankle holster based on Masaad Ayoob's recommendation.

2. stangyg123

stangyg123 NRA 4 Ever

You have most of the common mods covered except one. Many people like to repalce the stock connector with a 3.5# connector. I have tried a few connectors but settled on the LWD because it seems to be the smoothest IMO.

All my Glocks have a 3.5# connector and NS, my favorite two mods. :)

3. Kartar

Kartar

I also have a stainless steel recoil rod though some think it uneeded. Grips are from www.unclemikes.com.
    [​IMG]

4. big68

big68

A bicycle tube works great too and is cheaper. The 26 will beat the pants off ANY poly kahr but their stainless models are ok, I'd buy a 26 over any poly kahr. Oh and cheaper too.

5. Turtle Guy

My son has my new Glock 26. He and 2 other Army Green Berets took it to the base range and test fired it. They were impressed with the baby Glock. He adjusted the sights for me and added a mag extension. I hope to have it soon. I have a new Hogue grip ready to slip on.

6. gunguru1

gunguru1

Let us know how it shoots.

-gunguru1

7. meshmdz

meshmdz OBAMA 2012

i have long thought the G26 is the best 9mm in the world. the size, what it shoots, and the larger mags that it will take... it simply cant be beaten.

8. CTfam

CTfam DREAM BIG.

It cant be beaten... UNTIL.......

You wrap your fingers around a 19!

:supergrin:

9. Turtle Guy

I took my new 26 to the range and fired it for the first time. Wow. It is impressive. So much firepower in a small package.

My shots were slightly to the left, but OK vertically. My son had the same issue, but not from a bench. I am going to try from a bench. I think it's me. I will adjust some positioning before I fool with the sights.

This is a great gun, and a new friend to my Walther P22 practice pistol. I learned a lot from this forum.