close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Getting a Glock 22

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by GryffinG22, Feb 17, 2010.

1. GryffinG22

GryffinG22

Hi, I'm new here, I am getting a Glock 22, I am currently waiting for the waiting period to finish to pick it up. This will be my first gun that I have bought. I have shot Beretta M9, Mossberg 12 gauge, and M14. Any recommendations for accessories? What brands to go with, etc. Also what brand and kind of ammo I should go for.

2. Ryan-17

Ryan-17

Welcome to GT and congrats on the G22
    there are tons of topics on accessories so a quick search might help and there is a forum on ammo that has all kinds of usefull information.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010

3. GryffinG22

GryffinG22

Thanks for the tip, I'll do the search and see if I come up with anything.

4. Ryan-17

Ryan-17

also i would check out the Valuable Info section and read, there is great info in there

5. robin303

robin303 Helicopter Nut

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  6. Aces and 8s

Aces and 8s Dead Mans Hand

Welcome fellow Cali Glocktalker...

Nice pick up with the G22, I have one as well.

Night sights, trijicon, truglow, that is if it doesnt already have glock night sights/

$4 bicycle innertub for a nice and cheap sticky grip :)

For range plinking, Federal or Blazer is what I usually shoot.

I havent yet bought any home defense rounds, but will soon. Dont skimp on these, look around and buy the good stuff :)

7. timbob

timbob

keeping it stock, minus sights, is the best advice.

8. bac1023

bac1023

9. Geezer1

Geezer1

Welcome to GT

Just bought my first Glock, also a 22. Appreciate the weapon the more I shoot it.

Personally, I am shooting mine every chance I get to become familiar with it while window shopping/educating myself on Glocks and options. I have concluded night sights are a near term purchase and other than that it will remain stock, at least for awhile.

10. ZRT650

ZRT650

yeah keep everything stock with the exception of night sights ( I like Trijicon and Meprolights--the glock night sights use meprolight tubes). As for ammo cheep stuff for the range and get yourself any high quality defense loads for at home. If you will be using this gun at home I would also investing in a tac light.

11. GryffinG22

GryffinG22

I've been looking into a lot of upgrades and modifications that I can do to my Glock that I'm getting. The ones I'll be wanting to do are:

-Taclight
    -LW Barrel or KKM Barrel
    -Trigger spring modification, I think it's called the NY-2

12. guitarguy69

guitarguy69 Glock'N Roll

Hello there, G22 and G23 owner here. The best modifications I have on mine are night sights. The other two mods are in my grip and stance. By that I mean, modify your tactics, not your gun. :cool:

13. Conrad559

Conrad559

congrats on the G22! i have one as well and the only "mods" i have done to it is adding night sites and a 3.5 connector.

14. Conan1

Conan1

I'm feeling sorry for you guys in Commiefornia. What waiting period???? Geez and forever. Get the hell out of there! Next thing you know, you'll have to sign and give a fingerprint to buy ammo or something.

15. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 Grumpy Old Guy

I have added good night sights and extra mags. Get as much ammo as you can and shoot it.
    I like the G22 and G23, carry both just not at the same time.

16. GP55445

GP55445

The best accessories are ammo and good cleaning supplies. Bought my G22 20 years ago and still works and looks like new.

17. oldgraygeek

oldgraygeek 10mm User

What's a "waiting period?"

My first handgun was a Ruger P97. I went to the store, filled out the paperwork, and was surprised to hear, "OK, you're good to go... would you like some ammo with that?"

Now, with my CCDW permit, the store doesn't even call the state: they just write my permit number on the state background check form, file it, and call the Feds.

18. DWS22

DWS22

Hi G,,, My G 22 was also my first Glock,,,,all I added was a Hogue grip...Some people also like the nite sites...As far as ammo goes,, I like anything(Federal,CCI,UMC,etc)in the 165 gr.....FMJ's for practice,,,,and Double Tap 165gr. for carry...I would be "slow" with the mods,, you may come to find you like it "as is"........:wavey:

19. redhawknc1

redhawknc1

I purchased my first Glock about a month ago. A G22 Gen 4. I love it so far. Shot 150 rounds of Federal range ammo yesterday. So far it has ran perfectly. I have only added a Streamlight TLR-1 light. Maybe night sights soon.
    Trying to build up on ammo for that caliber. Have 500 rounds so far (Federal and WWB from Wally-World). And looking for some extra clips. Haven't decided on defense ammo yet, but probably will pick up a few boxes of Speer Gold Dot this week. Pleased enough with the G22 that I am saving for a G17.....

20. BMG22

BMG22

Congrats on your G22! My first Glock was also a G22, and I've since added another G22 and a G27 to the mix.

I think everyone here has pretty much covered all the bases as far as mods/accessories. I have Trijicon night sights on mine, and they work really well (even during the day!). That's the one thing you might need to do. Also someone here mentioned the Hogue grip sleeve. Those are great as well. I've used one before on my older G22. That comes down to personal preference, as you might like the grip as is.

The only other thing I did is get an Insight Tech M3 tactical light for it. They are BRIGHT! That's an item to consider if you're using it for home defense...