Gettin' that itch again...

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by Alan, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Alan

Alan CLM Millennium Member

I haven't been on a bike since August 11th of 2001. I won't bore you with the details. I had a near-fatal accident back then but the itch never went away.

Sure do miss my Suzuki SV650! Had a '99 and loved that bike. Thinking about getting a new one. I had my fun on the bigger go-fast/all plastic bikes...but that SV always kept the smile on my face. That thing's a real canyon carver. Man, that bike was built for the twisties!

Maybe it's just a mid-life crisis creeping up on me. I'm approaching 40 quickly, but what I wouldn't give to hop on a new SV!

Any SV owners out there willing to do a comparo between the old and the new SV? Did that bike just get better with age or is it about the same with a few minor changes here and there?

2. DaisyCutter

DaisyCutter Guest

You might get more responses if you post that one in the women's forum. :animlol:

I'm sorry, couldn't help it. I'd recommend googling SV650 and reading the magazine reviews from each year. Usually they detail all the refinments from one year to the next. There's also a "SV" forum out there somewhere. I'm sure there's several "generations" of that motorcycle with differences listed.

That's all I've got.

3. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

There are only TWO generations of SV650 right now. The old one with carburation and tubular frame and the new one with fuel injection and the flat frame.

There are a lot of differences in the two generations. Different chassis, different suspension setup, more oomph, etc.

I'd suggest to go with the new one, preferrably 2004 and up. The 2003 was the teething year for the second generation.

4. Alan

Alan CLM Millennium Member

:laughabove:

Ah ha! That's what I needed to know. Thanks!

5. whogasak47

whogasak47 JPFO-GOA

Just how much do You want to Know? These folks can answer .Good Luck and Ride Safe:thumbsup:

http://www.sv650.org/