Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
20,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Myself and my family and friends haven't had so much fun in a long time. My new acre feels rural but it actually is not, its right on the outside of town. I don't mean spend a bunch of money either. Get away from the high price areas and purchase a rural wooded acre. Bonus if it has anything like a well or septic or electricity or fence but those things cost a lot of extra money. Get a wooded acre and if you can do it yourself clear out a campsite in the middle. If you don't have the ability it is cheap to find someone in rural areas that can clear out a spot for you. Its nice and comforting knowing you always have a place to get away to on the weekends that you actually own and can pretty much do with it what you please. Again I am talking a cheap acre on a hillside or anything that makes it not prime for development as that makes it more expensive.

How much does something like this cost in your areas?

/

·
Banned
35,021 Posts
An acre in the woods within 2 or 3 hours?

$10000 to $500000

Reactions: DoubleWide

·
NRA Life Member
29,351 Posts
I bought 7.5 acres in FL in 2009 for k$110.

3210_1.png

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
Looking for a house on some property now in Hill Country Texas area.

Reactions: First shot

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Varies. You can get a treeless acre in the mountain plains for <$2000. A legal buildable acre outside of Breckrenridge would be >$1,000,000. If you look hard, and are willing to drive a few hours, you can find some nice "retreat" property for about $3500-5000/acre here.

·
Banned
35,021 Posts
[QUOTE="Mountain10mm, post: 28826798, member: 88775" If you look hard, and are willing to drive a few hours, you can find some nice "retreat" property for about $3500-5000/acre here.[/QUOTE]

Where are you finding that?

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I just recently moved from town to about 40 acres of my wifes family land that we secured sole rights too. 6 acres is flat and the rest is wooded. The rest of the family wanted nothing to do with it so we got it at a bargain of course there was a ton of work to do on it so that has turned out to be a boon with all the time off I've had due to the rona.

·
Farmer, House Sitter and Cook
6,135 Posts
CONGRATS!!!!! It sounds wonderful.

I just recently moved from town to about 40 acres of my wifes family land that we secured sole rights too. 6 acres is flat and the rest is wooded. The rest of the family wanted nothing to do with it so we got it at a bargain of course there was a ton of work to do on it so that has turned out to be a boon with all the time off I've had due to the rona.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts