close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Get the iPhone 4s or wait for the 5?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by GreenDrake, May 28, 2012.

1. GreenDrake

GreenDrake Rip Lips

Ahhh the quandary of technology. My New Every Two is up and I am debating the switch to the iPhone. Problem is, do I wait out the 5 or get the 4s....or do I wait out the 5 and see what deals they start making on the 4s?

Currently have a Droid X. I know the day I get the 4s the 5 will be released the next day, always happens to me.

2. Singlemalt

Singlemalt In the rough

Wait for 5, will be LTE.

3. GreenDrake

GreenDrake Rip Lips

I heard that it would have 4g LTE support in it, not that I use it all that much, 3g has been fine for me. Form factor and edge to edge screen are what I am hoping for in the 5.

4. ronin.45

ronin.45

You already have a decent smartphone. I'd wait for the 5 at this point. It should only be like 5-6 more months and it is likely to be a pretty big improvement over the 4s.

5. pilsbury

pilsbury

I have a 4s, and really like it. You're only a few months away from the i5 or whatever it's going to be called. Id wait if I were you, and I positively wouldn't burn an upgrade this close to a release. JMO.

6. DaneA

DaneA

Get the 4s. I don't think we will see the 5 till next year.

7. Singlemalt

Singlemalt In the rough

Apple is not letting a year go by without a new iPhone release, will not happen.

8. random southpaw

random southpaw

If cost is a factor, wait for the introduction of the next iPhone and the price of the iPhone 4S will be lowered at that time.

9. tongix

tongix

I will wait for Iphone 5. A bigger screen means a lot to me. Also i like the metal frame on the sides by Iphone . But if you can t wait the HTC One is hard to beat.

10. Mochahooligan

Mochahooligan

I was going to post this same ? And Ihave the same phone Green Drake has too. I like the X but Iam slowly going back to the Apple products. So I am thinking of waiting it out for the "NEW" I phone

11. TnGlocker12

TnGlocker12

I'm at the same place(almost). I still use the old flip-phone, but am thinking about updating. My contract with Verizon has been out over a year now so I can get a good deal on new ones, but not sure what we want. The $30 fee Verizon charges for upgrades gripe me. If I could get a good signal from AT&T at my house, I would almost consider moving my service.

12. GreenDrake

GreenDrake Rip Lips

Another factor is the rumor of a new charging interface. That is also a selling point to me with regard to having a single charging interface for multiple devices such as the iPad, iPod and phone.

13. jbutenhoff

jbutenhoff

That is the one area that Apple sucks IMO. My droid, wife's phone, sons phone, kindle, Bluetooth speakerphone, and other things ALL USE THE SAME CHARGER.

However Apple fanboys are able to be OK with their tech god not doing the same amazes me...

I would say stick to the latest Droid phone. Everything that the iPhone will be but cheaper, faster, and thinner...

14. cyphertext

cyphertext

I just got the 4s a few weeks ago, but I was moving from an LG Ally. I am pretty sure that we will see a new iPhone in November, so if your phone still functions, I would wait. I have no plans to go to 4g yet, so I can wait until the iPhone 5s. :supergrin:

15. 686Owner

686Owner NRA Life Member

If you buy all Apple products, they will use the same charger.

16. ChuteTheMall

ChuteTheMall Wallbuilder and Weapon Bearer

I'm waiting until at least November for almost all of my new purchases anyway, so the 5 is added to that shopping list.
    :elephant:

17. jvbronco

jvbronco

Double check with Verizon that you still have a $100 credit. My latest new every 2 was reduced to $50. They cited that the new every two program was a promotional deal, allowing them to pull it at any time. While I have had luck in the past making a fuss when I feel I had a case (especially with Verizon), I was not able to get them to budge on the $50 rebate.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

18. MoparMan1991

MoparMan1991

19. cyphertext

cyphertext

I had the same thing. So, when you couple that with Verizon's $30 to upgrade fee, that credit is reduced to $20.

20. ArtificialGrape

ArtificialGrape CLM

I would wait if you don't mind what you have for another 5ish months (probably).