Get the Hell Out of Law Enforement

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by steve4102, Feb 27, 2017.

1. steve4102

steve4102

2. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

The police officers should keep calling ICE, when they know where illegals are in custody. Let the cities lie to the feds about it. That said, the judge should put her money where her mouth
    is and quit working for Fox News, since they have generally be anti-Trump. She's got a
    tough decision to make.

3. steve4102

steve4102

Or, better yet, stay with Fox, be involved in Making America great Again.

How would her quitting support President Trump?

She is on the most watched News network in America, quitting to support President Trump is about the dumbest thing I read this year.

4. Tomcat1977

Tomcat1977 "Cynical Little me"

Oh Im tired of these dingbats, their own jobs, houses, kids tuition, dental plans safe, calling for powerless street cops to take on the powers that be and nail themselves to their own cross for a bunch of people who hate and belittle them anyway. Screw you Judge nitwit, you lead the way and quit your job and go on welfare first.

The Police dont make the Laws or set Policy. The idiots you vote for do, "if in fact you even vote".

I get it tho, everyone wants the police to enforce the Laws THEY want and dont enforce the ones THEY want and theres 300,000,000 versions of it going. This Lady is a hypocrite. As bad as a Liberal. A big bag of hot air.

5. steve4102

steve4102

Care to post the Oath you took as a Police Officer?

6. wprebeck

wprebeck Have you seen me?

Care to post the oath - of any sort - you took?

7. Dukeboy01

Dukeboy01 Pretty Ladies!

So much stupid. The decision to ignore an ICE detainer and release an illegal immigrant who's been charged with another crime back into the wild isn't made by the beat cop who initially picks him or her up. The decision as to whether or not a jurisdiction calls itself a "sanctuary city" isn't made by beat cops either. She's yelling at the wrong level of authority to deal with her pet problem.

My city isn't a sanctuary city but we don't go out of our way to do ICE's job for them either. We declined to take part in the program that trains us to actually have the authority to enforce Federal immigration statutes, for example. When we pick up an illegal immigrant for a violation of state law, if they have an ICE holder already, then they're detained for ICE. Our local courts are cooperative in that regard.

If they don't already have an ICE detainer, but it's a serious enough (i.e., Felony level) state offense that we want to make sure that they get gone one way or another, then we make a call. Sometimes ICE picks up, sometimes they don't.

At any rate, all of these decisions are made well above my paygrade, many of them by Her Honor's fellow black muu- muu clad clowns that we call the judiciary branch of government. Asking people at the bottom of the food chain to sacrifice their careers and livelihoods for a political problem that they in no way created is insulting.

8. Wayward Son

Wayward Son

Are local cops charged with enforcing federal law? Can they enforce federal law?

9. steve4102

steve4102

I didn't, but I have read a few and they are all different.

They are all similar, yet they are all different depending on State, City, county etc.

Some refer to Upholding the Laws of the Untied States, the State of________ and the City of ______.

Some just say to uphold the Constitution of the United States.

Just asking what version some members here have signed.

If their's is one similar to the later, then the Judge is off base, if their's specifically list Laws of the United States, then she has a point.

10. Dave Brubaker

Dave Brubaker

If you were the officer who released the illegal alien who murdered an other and kidnapped her 6 year old, would you feel bad?

Or would you feel good because you socked it to those nitwit law-abiding taxpayers?

Your logic is weird, how do liberals get to have their wikis, their black blocs, their anonymouses, faceless mobs of individuals to shape policy and influence/threaten decision-makers, yet when someone suggests rank and file police officers get behind an effort to enforce important federal laws, you tell them to quit their job and go on welfare.

11. Dukeboy01

Dukeboy01 Pretty Ladies!

Short answer: It depends, but generally not.

12. crockett

crockett

The system is screwed up, and voting often doesn't take the promised course. Look at Trump, his course is being fought, blocked and ignored by many.

The question is, who can make the necessary change at this point? If we continue on this path, what's even the point of voting if the results aren't accepted, and nobody in the chain is willing to risk their career.

13. HammerG19

HammerG19 A short American.

Charge and prosecute whomever enacted the policy to not cooperate with federal authorities. Blaming ordinary officers who patrol the streets for leadership failure to enforce the law is moronic. If the leadership is willing to let criminals go what do you think they would do to an officer who disobeyed. Putting ordinary officers between a rock and hard place won't accomplish anything. Only prosecution of the policy makers will.

14. hogship

hogship A republic, if you can keep it! Silver Member

She's right........

Ramjet38 likes this.
  15. marchboom

marchboom

Some oaths of office state that the officers have to obey the LAWFUL orders of their superiors. The military oath is like this. If a police capt. tells his subordinates not to notify ICE that they are about to release a person ICE wants, is that a legal order?

This is something that one or two officers can't do on their own because they will be disciplined or fired. It has to be done on a large scale thru their unions.

If you were a detective who was looking for a bad guy and ICE released him without telling you (even though they knew you were looking for him), would you see this as the feds not cooperating with local law enforcement? Works both ways.

These chiefs and sheriffs have to make a decision. Are they in law enforcement or politics?

Dave Brubaker likes this.
  16. Con43

Con43

She is exactly right!!. The attitude of some that it's the fault of those in charge rather than those doing the job is IMO ludicrous. If you cannot at the least drop an anonymous tip to ICE, your IMO responsible for any crimes or harm these people commit on their release, at least in a morale sense. Using the I'm just following orders excuse has already been used, and not to a favorable conclusion in most cases. It has to stop somewhere.

marchboom likes this.
  17. Dave Brubaker

Dave Brubaker

They are lefties, they get to talk out of both sides of their mouths. They want to be able to release wanted fugitives because they claim that the Feds can't tell them what to do, yet they want the Feds to tell everyone to be comfortable with a bald 60 year-old man in a woman's wig taking an extra extra long time on the crapper in the women's bathroom, peeking out from in between the cracks.

Democrats. Hypocrites. Traitors. Marxists. Liars. Clintons. Child Predators. Leftists. Seditionists. Communists.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  18. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

Technically no federal law must be charged in a federal court system with those having jurisdiction

19. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

What I find hilarious are the states rights people who are all for States rights till something like this happens and you actually see what rights they have they don't have to enforce unfunded Federal mandates you want us to hold illegals fine come pick them up

20. Joseph Senko

Joseph Senko DocSenko

For me, I cannot remember the entire oath, but it is also to serve the The President and the Constitution of the US. Locals can snatch up federal Bad Guys and hold them for the US Marshals. I use to assist the Marshals, but they had people with shotguns in the Bay. Very professional group.